Feeling battered and bloodied but I finally won...

Feeling battered and bloodied but I finally won...

March 12th, 2012, 2:16 am #1

The Eduard 1/48 Fw 190A-5 (Yes, the A-FIVE, W.nr 7334, not the more commonly seen A-6) in Joseph "Sepp" Wurmheller's markings. The JG 2 Hahn (rooster) head emblem is speculative- I haven't found any photos of the front of the a/c. Not certain that the MG/FFs were in place but, since JG 2 was doing a lot of bomber busting in '43, I'm guessing that the extra firepower might have trumped maneuverability. Dunno about the wheels & tires either... more guess-work. All comments, criticism and information welcome. Thanks for looking!

"What have they done to the Earth?...
What have they done to our fair sister?...
Ravaged and plundered and ripped her and bit her
Stuck her with knives in the side of the dawn
Tied her with fences and dragged her down"... Jim Morrison 1968

March 12th, 2012, 3:27 am #2

That turned out superbly.
Excellent 190.

March 12th, 2012, 8:36 am #3

The Eduard 1/48 Fw 190A-5 (Yes, the A-FIVE, W.nr 7334, not the more commonly seen A-6) in Joseph "Sepp" Wurmheller's markings. The JG 2 Hahn (rooster) head emblem is speculative- I haven't found any photos of the front of the a/c. Not certain that the MG/FFs were in place but, since JG 2 was doing a lot of bomber busting in '43, I'm guessing that the extra firepower might have trumped maneuverability. Dunno about the wheels & tires either... more guess-work. All comments, criticism and information welcome. Thanks for looking!

know the pain with eduard 190s...

March 12th, 2012, 12:16 pm #4

So nicely done, awesome paint and weathering , nice pics too.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

March 12th, 2012, 3:02 pm #5

I don't much care for 109's and 190's, but that's some really clean work!

March 13th, 2012, 1:43 am #6

and I'd bet a lot that the outboards were there, B-17's being the main quarry of the time, from 12 o'clock high. I thought only 90 or so -6's were built? NICE
Last edited by billkoppos on March 13th, 2012, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2012, 3:02 am #7

r

March 13th, 2012, 6:09 pm #8

Well done.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/