Fe-2b New Wheels...thanks, Chaps!

Fe-2b New Wheels...thanks, Chaps!

March 4th, 2012, 12:32 am #1

Well,

I took Stuart's idea of just taking a chunk out of the tire and then pulling them closer around a smaller hub. Worked great! I must say they make quite a difference! I'm REALLY glad I did this just like fixing the booms. I'll be able to fix the tire slit with a bit of putty and paint.

And thanks, Andrew...you really made a good point especially in the context of the booms!

Anyway, I'm a bit closer and I plan on fixing all the rigging issues this weekend.

I really like the last shot. It does seem to have that correct "FEE" stance!

Really, all that's needed is a bit of touch up in the cockpit, a couple of Lewis guns made, a windscreen and a prop. Sooooooo close!

Thanks for looking and all the suggestions.
Last edited by NinetyThirdLiberator on March 4th, 2012, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 4th, 2012, 12:54 am #2

Are you gonna scratch these too Dan ? Because then I will faint !

Very nice work so far Dan, the smaller wheels look nice, maybe - if needed - you can camo the break with some "mud"...

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - Bolton Paul Balliol T.2 : Part I - Part II
1/72 - Airfix - Hellcat : Part I
Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

March 4th, 2012, 7:51 am #3

Well,

I took Stuart's idea of just taking a chunk out of the tire and then pulling them closer around a smaller hub. Worked great! I must say they make quite a difference! I'm REALLY glad I did this just like fixing the booms. I'll be able to fix the tire slit with a bit of putty and paint.

And thanks, Andrew...you really made a good point especially in the context of the booms!

Anyway, I'm a bit closer and I plan on fixing all the rigging issues this weekend.

Really, all that's needed is a bit of touch up in the cockpit, a couple of Lewis guns made, a windscreen and a prop. Sooooooo close!

You should be very proud of yourself with this model - it looks superb.

Cheers,

Andrew
Last edited by ajd100 on March 4th, 2012, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 5th, 2012, 12:28 am #4

Well,

Glad that worked for the tires. This whole thing is just so amazing, all the more now seeing it on its feet. What's left to do?

Stuart

March 5th, 2012, 11:58 am #5

Well,

s

March 6th, 2012, 8:14 pm #6

Well,

Make sure your hands aren't slippery!!

Regards,
Adrian

March 6th, 2012, 8:44 pm #7

Well,

I think you need MORE wires on this bird, Dan. No really, there aren't enough wires - you need way, way, way more rigging. Can never have enough you know. Bwaaa haaa!
Best...Ted...
PS - she's lookin' great!

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6; Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish