Fe-2b Armed and almost dangerous...

Fe-2b Armed and almost dangerous...

March 10th, 2012, 6:07 am #1

All,

I scratched the two Lewis guns. One is painted and done and the other is in the "buff". I still need to make two nice shell casing pouches but the guns look pretty nice...especially in person. I can't really get a good shot so you'll have to use your imaginations!

Thanks for looking. She is almost ready for a prop.

March 10th, 2012, 6:24 pm #2

Four weeks until the Seattle show. I can't wait to
see it in real time. Thanks for the update.

Kevin in Brown's Point, Washington

March 10th, 2012, 9:12 pm #3

All,

I scratched the two Lewis guns. One is painted and done and the other is in the "buff". I still need to make two nice shell casing pouches but the guns look pretty nice...especially in person. I can't really get a good shot so you'll have to use your imaginations!

I wish I had your patience

Fred

March 11th, 2012, 2:13 pm #4

All,

Beautiful little Lewises.

Stuart

March 11th, 2012, 10:41 pm #5

All,

Dan you are a wizzard !

No imagination needed from my side - I'm already awestrucked (or awestricken... my English fails me again) with the pictures as they are - or the contents of the pictures anyway

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - Bolton Paul Balliol T.2 : Part I - Part II
1/72 - Airfix - Hellcat : Part I - Part II

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

March 12th, 2012, 6:00 am #6

All,

...I would have been surprised (and rather disappointed) if you had taken the easy way out and added aftermarket guns. They look great!

Do you know if there is some kind of blocking device on the rear firing one, so the gunner can't spray wings, engine and pilot with bullets, should he get carried away (or develop suicidal tendencies)? I have this image in my head of an Fe going down in flames and the gunner, facing rearwards, going "Oooops!".

March 12th, 2012, 10:24 am #7

All,

Looks better and better. A gun for each hand too!

Regards,
Adrian

March 12th, 2012, 2:42 pm #8

...I would have been surprised (and rather disappointed) if you had taken the easy way out and added aftermarket guns. They look great!

Do you know if there is some kind of blocking device on the rear firing one, so the gunner can't spray wings, engine and pilot with bullets, should he get carried away (or develop suicidal tendencies)? I have this image in my head of an Fe going down in flames and the gunner, facing rearwards, going "Oooops!".

Good point. I can't see anything that restricts fire. Maybe they got shot down so fast, it didn't matter!

By the way...I put a serial number on the tail for you. I'll have finished pictures soon. A couple more details and I need to carve a pusher prop.

Oh, joy.

March 12th, 2012, 8:35 pm #9

All,

I think there was a 1980's New Wave tune of that name. Big hit as I recall. Just like this build, Dan! Seeing these updates is like opening a box of CrackerJacks - there's a prize in every post!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6; Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish