Favorite western?

Favorite western?

April 14th, 2012, 2:24 pm #1

One of the classics The Searchers
followed by Shane.

Also like She wore a yellow ribbon.

Modern ones?

Lonesome Dove, Open Range, Shoot Out at Sabre River, Quigley Down Under, Selec made another that I like but can not remember the name right now. Duvall has another too that the title eludes me.

Any others?

April 14th, 2012, 2:51 pm #2

LITTLE BIG MAN about as much. Len

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

April 14th, 2012, 3:13 pm #3

it is a good one and the original Man Called Horse is pretty good though is it a western? takes place in the early 1800s Jeremiah Johnson is a great one too but again too early. Drums along the Mohawk, Last of the Mohicans...

April 14th, 2012, 3:23 pm #4

followed by Shane.

Modern ones?

Lonesome Dove, Open Range, Shoot Out at Sabre River, Quigley Down Under, Selec made another that I like but can not remember the name right now. Duvall has another too that the title eludes me.

Any others?
John Wayne, John Ford and his regular cast of supporting actors. The story of the Indian Wars from several angles and how soldiers from both sides of the Civil War found brotherhood. The music and cinematography were top notch. Oh, yeah. Maureen O'Hara too. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

April 14th, 2012, 3:27 pm #5

it is a good one and the original Man Called Horse is pretty good though is it a western? takes place in the early 1800s Jeremiah Johnson is a great one too but again too early. Drums along the Mohawk, Last of the Mohicans...
always has been...book, early movie, Daniel Day Lewis version, love 'em all. However! THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS is an EASTERN! lol, Len

BTW: since we're now talking "Easterns" let's not forget NORTHWEST PASSAGE. Getting back to "Westerns" anything with the ALAMO in it is a personal favorite of mine. My wife actually had an ancestor who was actually AT the Alamo but left before the final massacre; his knife is on permanent display there.

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

April 14th, 2012, 3:41 pm #6

followed by Shane.

Modern ones?

Any others?
no new ones, though...

April 14th, 2012, 3:43 pm #7

followed by Shane.

Modern ones?

Any others?
..but there's others I like, for example:

Dead Man
The Wild Bunch
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Magnificent Seven
Unforgiven
Little Big Man
High Plains Drifter
Mackenna's Gold

"It's more than a Koala can bear."

April 14th, 2012, 3:47 pm #8

followed by Shane.

Modern ones?

Any others?
same movie

April 14th, 2012, 3:49 pm #9

followed by Shane.

Modern ones?

Any others?
You thinking about Duvall in 'Great Northfield Minnesota Raid' or 'Joe Kidd'?

April 14th, 2012, 4:07 pm #10

John Wayne, John Ford and his regular cast of supporting actors. The story of the Indian Wars from several angles and how soldiers from both sides of the Civil War found brotherhood. The music and cinematography were top notch. Oh, yeah. Maureen O'Hara too. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
I believe it is Shirley Temple?

Moureen O Hara ws in Fort Apache or was it another I am thinking of.