Faded white

Faded white

July 5th, 2012, 2:38 am #1

I'm working on a Templar Knight from Crusades and wanting to give that feel that he has been in the sun too long. Thus I'm looking for hints at how to come up with a faded white look on his surcoat.

I have access to Vallejo and GW paints.

Some suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Doug

July 6th, 2012, 1:12 am #2

What WOULD white fade to??? I'm also curious to see some ideas (n/t)

July 6th, 2012, 1:47 pm #3

I'm working on a Templar Knight from Crusades and wanting to give that feel that he has been in the sun too long. Thus I'm looking for hints at how to come up with a faded white look on his surcoat.

Thanks,

Doug
or maybe a touch of tan?

July 10th, 2012, 10:32 pm #4

I figured as much but wasn't too sure and thought I would ask.

July 16th, 2012, 4:41 pm #5

Thanks,

Doug
I have aged ship sails using the Unbleached Linen WW1 aircraft color as a base. I mixed yellows, tans, and greys with clear coat and brushed on thin or dry brushed coats in the same direction. For clothing you could do the same for highlights and shadows. I suspect that there were no truly bright "white" natural garments at the time you wish to model. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.