F7F-3N .. posted before

F7F-3N .. posted before

May 13th, 2012, 7:11 pm #1

Pulled her out of mothballs to see how she'd held up. Gonna put her in a contest soon and had the club critique her. Geesh! The gear door fell off, there's a gap underneath where the flap meets the wing, there are glue spots on the inside of one of the gear wells ... A prop fell off when they turned her upside down!
I thought she had looked pretty good. Damn the judges. Back to the bench.
Sorry for the rant!
Tom

May 13th, 2012, 7:26 pm #2

The Tigercat is outstanding. I love the weathering; it's just perfect. The sand base is really good, too.

May 13th, 2012, 7:56 pm #3

Pulled her out of mothballs to see how she'd held up. Gonna put her in a contest soon and had the club critique her. Geesh! The gear door fell off, there's a gap underneath where the flap meets the wing, there are glue spots on the inside of one of the gear wells ... A prop fell off when they turned her upside down!
Sorry for the rant!
Tom
Well, retired, since I haven't judged in a couple of years... great job of making all that black look interesting!

May 13th, 2012, 8:13 pm #4

Sorry for the rant!
Tom
Smashing!! Just smashing!! Luv looking at purdy models! N/T

May 13th, 2012, 9:54 pm #5

Sorry for the rant!
Tom
You got me, I looked at the first pic quickly and thought who has a Tigercat parked in their driveway.......Outstanding job.

May 13th, 2012, 11:03 pm #6

Sorry for the rant!
Tom
I agree, it is an excellent paintjob.

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

May 14th, 2012, 12:33 am #7

Sorry for the rant!
Tom
because it's never about what's right, but only what's wrong.

That's a beautiful piece of work no matter what- it looks OUTSTANDING in photographs, and your techniques are clearly well developed. Don't feel compelled to fix the things the judges found if you don't want to- remember who you built it for. If you're happy with it, no tin pot or 4 buck trophy plaque - or lack thereof - should change your perception of your work.

Lynn

"History is not 'was', it 'is'." - William Faulkner

May 14th, 2012, 3:01 am #8

Sorry for the rant!
Tom
r

May 14th, 2012, 3:02 am #9

You got me, I looked at the first pic quickly and thought who has a Tigercat parked in their driveway.......Outstanding job.
r

May 14th, 2012, 3:33 am #10

Sorry for the rant!
Tom
Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"