F-15 Silent Eagle --

F-15 Silent Eagle --

December 5th, 2011, 2:11 am #1

I looked at the photos on the link given elsewhere, but see that it's "maiden flight" was the middle of 2010. With the developement of other newer fighters with weapons enclosed, why was this project even thought up, much less actually manufactured ?

Is this just another opportunity for Boeing to grab some easy taxpayer money ? As D. Eisenhower said, "Beware the military - industrial complex." Thanks, George

December 5th, 2011, 1:08 pm #2

But given the current economic status and the certainty that the F-35 program will be severely cut depending on budget and the F-22 won't be produced again, it seems to be a very logical choice. I mean, taking the most dominant airframe and making it more lethal in a high-threat environment seems to be the logical choice...

December 5th, 2011, 3:22 pm #3

Put it back into production and trashcan the White Elephants. George

December 5th, 2011, 8:30 pm #4

I looked at the photos on the link given elsewhere, but see that it's "maiden flight" was the middle of 2010. With the developement of other newer fighters with weapons enclosed, why was this project even thought up, much less actually manufactured ?

Is this just another opportunity for Boeing to grab some easy taxpayer money ? As D. Eisenhower said, "Beware the military - industrial complex." Thanks, George
The actual quote entails- the UNDUE influence of the military-industrial complex. n/t

December 6th, 2011, 10:08 pm #5

My nephew's heart lay with the 33rd TFW F-15C, he deployed on many exercises vs the 22 and now he's in a 22 unit vs the F-15C on red flag alask and PAC deployments.
YES he still cries about not having the F-15C comfort level ...but the 22's unmatchable against the opposition. There's unmentionable superiority issues that he can't talk about obviously.

alex

December 9th, 2011, 6:02 pm #6

...our major enemies are moving forward.......billiant!

BTW, people in-the-know, know the F-22 is superior to anything out there, including the F-15....but how long is the problem

December 9th, 2011, 7:26 pm #7

Why our astronauts fly on 50 year old Russian rocket? nt

December 11th, 2011, 11:29 pm #8

I think Boeing came up with this concept to offer a "competitor" product that should be cheaper than F-35. The F-22 is not available ooutside the US. Countries that want to buy a 5th gen aircraft will have to look at Lockheed for the F-35 or...Boeing for the Silent Eagle.