F-100F, Super Sabre, two seater Hun..........

F-100F, Super Sabre, two seater Hun..........

April 2nd, 2012, 3:15 pm #1

here`s my newly completed Trumpy 1/48 scale two seat Hun

Done as an aircraft of the 614 TFS, the `Lucky Devils`, Phan Rang, Vietnam

built mostly from the box including decals with some bombs from the spares box

some improvements, including; lengthening the drop tanks and shortening the main gear legs

improved the shape of the intake (which looked a bit flat on the bottom) by not glueing the lip of the internal duct at first, then using brute force and cunning..........

squeezed the intake hard and brushed copious ammonts of plastic weld into the joint, followed by sanding the reulting lip away

hope you enjoy

April 2nd, 2012, 3:36 pm #2

nm

April 2nd, 2012, 4:33 pm #3

some improvements, including; lengthening the drop tanks and shortening the main gear legs

improved the shape of the intake (which looked a bit flat on the bottom) by not glueing the lip of the internal duct at first, then using brute force and cunning..........

squeezed the intake hard and brushed copious ammonts of plastic weld into the joint, followed by sanding the reulting lip away

hope you enjoy
Very nice and realistic Super Sabre !!!!! - great paintjob !!!! all my compliments !!!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

April 2nd, 2012, 4:43 pm #4

hope you enjoy
That looks pretty darn good. You're makin' me want to read Bury Us Upside Down again.

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

April 2nd, 2012, 5:27 pm #5

hope you enjoy
Great job overall. Ilike the paint peeling area on the tail.

April 2nd, 2012, 6:17 pm #6

hope you enjoy
G'day Russ,

I was wondering how you tweaked the major error with the nose shape of the Trumpy F-100? I've looked at tit and they really mucked that one up big time. I know AMS has a retrofit but is there a simple fix? I was thinking of jam'n in a piece of shaped bass wood in the nose and then hitt'n it with a heat gun then sand to shape................what you think?

PHIL

April 2nd, 2012, 6:37 pm #7

hope you enjoy
So beautifuly done , superb paint and weathering, I like much the burnt metal tail section. Beautiful photography .

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

April 2nd, 2012, 6:49 pm #8

hope you enjoy
That's a terrific build and finish. Looks very realistic. Saw plenty of these during my time in the USAF and always loved the looks of the Hun.
Best Regards, Ron

April 2nd, 2012, 7:07 pm #9

hope you enjoy
You've really outdone yourself with this one!

Charles

April 2nd, 2012, 9:35 pm #10

hope you enjoy
Boy, talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, outstanding model of one of my old Fs from Misawa AB Japan from 1962-64! But one question, which may tick off some, concerns the
tail number presentation on the right side of the fin. Is there a photo showing the small black AF and 81 to the right of the larger white 226? It was supposed to be to the left, but some of the
troops in the units did make mistakes so if indeed a photo exists showing this version, no problem. Do not know if the plans show this or not. Just wondering is all...............