F-100F Misty 1 Completed

F-100F Misty 1 Completed

April 18th, 2012, 12:38 am #1

Just finished the Trumpter 1/72nd F-100F as "Misty 1". It was donated to the Collings Foundation in March last year in the colors of the Misty FACs in Vietnam. Medal of Honor recipient Col George "Bud" Day came in for the dedication and got a short flight around the field as part of the ceremony.

The kit had to have some minor mods to match the ex-Danish AF F-100F including: deletion of the wing fences, addition of the wing tip pods, and replacement of the kit seats with Pavla Martin-Baker Mk4 seats.

I couldn't find the proper F-102 exhaust, so kept the old style smooth exhaust. Later I found out the F-100D kit has the F-102 style exhaust, but too late...

Not a bad little kit, but does have the nose shape and landing gear issues that make it look a little off. It doesn't sit in the proper nose high attitude. But anyway, hope you like it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Last edited by markvette on March 28th, 2015, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 18th, 2012, 1:03 am #2

Nicely done and beautifuly painted. I like it much.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

April 18th, 2012, 10:51 am #3

Just finished the Trumpter 1/72nd F-100F as "Misty 1". It was donated to the Collings Foundation in March last year in the colors of the Misty FACs in Vietnam. Medal of Honor recipient Col George "Bud" Day came in for the dedication and got a short flight around the field as part of the ceremony.

The kit had to have some minor mods to match the ex-Danish AF F-100F including: deletion of the wing fences, addition of the wing tip pods, and replacement of the kit seats with Pavla Martin-Baker Mk4 seats.

I couldn't find the proper F-102 exhaust, so kept the old style smooth exhaust. Later I found out the F-100D kit has the F-102 style exhaust, but too late...

Not a bad little kit, but does have the nose shape and landing gear issues that make it look a little off. It doesn't sit in the proper nose high attitude. But anyway, hope you like it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Folks, Col Day did not "win" the Medal of Honor, he was awarded it! No combat medal, from the Medal of Honor to the Purple Heart is ever "won" as there is no competition for them. Once the medal has
been awarded, the person is then the recipient, not the winner, of it. Thank you.

April 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
-.-

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK