Eventually, you'll find what you're looking for... Exhibit A. (pic of Spanish 109s)

Eventually, you'll find what you're looking for... Exhibit A. (pic of Spanish 109s)

April 25th, 2012, 1:12 am #1

I have often wondered about where/when the Spanish Emils received their overall 63 uppersurfaces... well, this pic is pretty freakin' conclusive that they were repainted after delivery. Not sure what airbase this is at, but we've got three Emils on the ramp, having just been sprayed in 63; the fuselage octane triangle has been applied to the center one before the masking was even taken off of the canopy!

This just in: the Internet is still awesome.

Lynn

"History is not 'was', it 'is'." - William Faulkner

April 25th, 2012, 1:14 am #2

April 25th, 2012, 1:28 am #3

I have often wondered about where/when the Spanish Emils received their overall 63 uppersurfaces... well, this pic is pretty freakin' conclusive that they were repainted after delivery. Not sure what airbase this is at, but we've got three Emils on the ramp, having just been sprayed in 63; the fuselage octane triangle has been applied to the center one before the masking was even taken off of the canopy!

Lynn

Franco ordered them painted pink and blue in honer of Goering! I have a copy of a letter from Franco to an American, who I know, acknowledging it. The famous Franco-American letter.

Uh Oh Spaghetti Os

But they are Es. Not Os!

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming
Last edited by modeldad on April 25th, 2012, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2012, 1:35 am #4

boy are deez some nice pics...........

Keep your Sprues Empty
Last edited by larrygoodell on April 25th, 2012, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2012, 2:13 am #5

Franco ordered them painted pink and blue in honer of Goering! I have a copy of a letter from Franco to an American, who I know, acknowledging it. The famous Franco-American letter.

Uh Oh Spaghetti Os

But they are Es. Not Os!

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming
LOL.

Figured you would like these... the second pic looks like they're spraying the black stripe at the wingroot. Damn shame we couldn't get a closeup of the Werk Nummers.

Lynn

April 25th, 2012, 2:41 am #6

the Tirpitz on a mission to locate a missing Confederate ironclad...

April 25th, 2012, 4:02 am #7

c

April 25th, 2012, 4:30 am #8

Lynn

Obviously photo shopped!
Airfields don't have big red squiggly lines on them Lynn and you know it!!

April 25th, 2012, 6:02 am #9

But I will do this instead.

"Get to the chopper!!! No! Get to the choppers!"

April 25th, 2012, 12:02 pm #10

Obviously photo shopped!
Airfields don't have big red squiggly lines on them Lynn and you know it!!