Engine walkaround vol.9: Mig-15´s Klimov VK1

Engine walkaround vol.9: Mig-15´s Klimov VK1

July 13th, 2012, 9:58 pm #1

Hellow everybody!
My latest update at the blog is the Klimov VK1 jet engine, based on the Rolls Royce Nene engine and used to power the Mig-15.
You can see th pictures at:
http://www.cyberplasticmodeler.blogspot.com.br/
I hope you enjoy it!
Lúcio

July 13th, 2012, 10:15 pm #2

Very nice detail photos.
On some you mention where they are located at.
Some you did not. Where were the others taken.
My friends & I like planning our trips to interesting places.

July 14th, 2012, 1:38 pm #3

Most of the pictures i have posted until now are from two different museums in Europe: The Deutches Museum in Munich that has a large collection located at their facilities downtown, but stores most of their aircraft colection in an airfield a few kilometers from Munich. This facility is called Deutsches Museum Flugwerft Schleißheim; The second museum is located near Trier in germany and it is called Flugausstellung L.+P. Junior. Some other pictures were taken in other museums like the NASM in Washington, the RAF Museum near London in Hendon (close to Hannants that makes the visit even more interesting!) and the Brazilian Air Force Museum in Rio de Janeiro. Whenever i plan i visit to a large city, i always google military and aircraft museums nearby. Next i will visit the Argentinian Air Force Museum next to Buenos Aires that has a nice colection of european aircraft!
Hope this helps!
Lúcio

July 14th, 2012, 2:05 pm #4

Yes, Many Thanks.
All good places.
When I was in Rio last I had no time as I was on my way to the Antarctic. Next time for sure.

July 14th, 2012, 3:21 pm #5

I think the museum of tha Brazilian Air Force is one of the best. There some rare stuff there. Of course, nothing compares to the NASM.
Lucio