Eight flying photos from Paine Field Open House...and a link to 150+ more

Eight flying photos from Paine Field Open House...and a link to 150+ more

May 20th, 2012, 9:37 pm #1

Well, seven flying and one ready to take off. I managed to get the Tigercat, Stearman, T-28, P-51C, P-51D, Hurricane and P-47 in flight, and the Bearcat waiting at the end of the active runaway. Great day at the airport. Looking forward to going back on June 9th for the Zero and the P-40B. I am uploading all the pictures and the video I shot to Picasa, and will add a link here when it is done. Now, on to the teaser shots.

Here is the link I promised:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1167811120 ... directlink

Ciao fer now.

George Tufnail
IPMS Vancouver, BC, Canada

Try everything. Only insects should specialize.
Last edited by greygoose12 on May 21st, 2012, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 21st, 2012, 4:57 pm #2

Had son and friends in tow so we spent the morning in line for the EEA kid flights, but caught most of the show from the south end of the runway. Great weather on Saturday (especially considering how Sunday changed to rain!)

Thanks for posting the pics. I have a trimmed video already made for our friends, but will post a much shorter edited version soon for those who didn't get to our corner of the country.

Steve Heeb; Puyallup, WA
In fond memory of Loran B Heeb
"Ol' Scrapiron"
447th BG; Rattlesden England

May 21st, 2012, 5:03 pm #3

Well, seven flying and one ready to take off. I managed to get the Tigercat, Stearman, T-28, P-51C, P-51D, Hurricane and P-47 in flight, and the Bearcat waiting at the end of the active runaway. Great day at the airport. Looking forward to going back on June 9th for the Zero and the P-40B. I am uploading all the pictures and the video I shot to Picasa, and will add a link here when it is done. Now, on to the teaser shots.

Here is the link I promised:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1167811120 ... directlink

Ciao fer now.

George Tufnail
IPMS Vancouver, BC, Canada

Try everything. Only insects should specialize.

Look, when a vastly superior alien culture comes all this way to take over your world, certain basic laws of planetary conquest apply. For example, when someone points a Quad Vectored Hypo Thermic Cosmo Blaster at you, it's a fair bet you are about to become toast. And in your case, a whole loaf of toast!