Eduard's Hellcat II progress...

Eduard's Hellcat II progress...

May 14th, 2012, 4:29 am #1

Hello all,

Ok...have finally had time to get to this build this weekend and its moving along well. I'm impressed with most of the engineering of this kit. Having said that I'm still replacing the exhaust pipes with aluminum tube, the stabilizers, elevators and rudder and drop tank and gear doors with Quickboost resin parts.

This is a damn nice model and a real bargain for the $19 I paid for it. The Tamiya Zero type 52 is still a little nicer but does not include the PE parts this kit does.

I'm just touching up odds and ends now before the painting begins.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Joe

May 14th, 2012, 1:32 pm #2

And of course your build skills are doing it justice. That's looking great.

Cheers,

Val Bueno
Val Bueno

May 14th, 2012, 7:46 pm #3

Hello all,

Ok...have finally had time to get to this build this weekend and its moving along well. I'm impressed with most of the engineering of this kit. Having said that I'm still replacing the exhaust pipes with aluminum tube, the stabilizers, elevators and rudder and drop tank and gear doors with Quickboost resin parts.

This is a damn nice model and a real bargain for the $19 I paid for it. The Tamiya Zero type 52 is still a little nicer but does not include the PE parts this kit does.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Joe
NIce smooth finish of the primer too. Especially on the cowl in the last photo.

Cannot wait to see this one finished!

Cheers,
Val

May 15th, 2012, 6:10 pm #4

Hello all,

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Joe
Wow - that engine looks incredible for this scale! There's super-nice finishing work at play here, Joe - well done.
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

May 16th, 2012, 8:56 pm #5

Hello all,

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Joe
I recently finished the Airfix Hellcat - but this is defintely a whole different story - with loads of potential - I think I might get myself one of these too.... I happen to be in Prague this weekend, might be a nice souvenir

Please keep us updated about the Quickboost parts fit - that sounds interesting

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV /end (incl. Model Force 2012 show report)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God