Eduard Mig21 Question

Eduard Mig21 Question

July 28th, 2011, 5:25 am #1

Hi Guys:

Could use a little help. I am building this kit for review and I have a question about the interior color. Instructions call for Gunze H45 Light Blue. Unfortunately, that type of paint is not available near me so my question, are there offsets. I can tell you the Modelmaster is no where near the same color based on the colored PE set.

Any ideas?

Dave M

July 28th, 2011, 11:50 am #2

at least as a starting point. Not an exact match, but the interior of the MiG-21 was pretty "bright".

July 28th, 2011, 1:19 pm #3

Even if it's not an exact match you could still get away with using the MM paint. The cockpits in real aircraft weren't painted like we do our kit cockpits. Different parts could come from different subcontractors/manufacturers, so paint colors could vary. They weren't generally painted as one monolithic block.

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?" from the movie "Airplane!" 1980
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

July 28th, 2011, 2:03 pm #4

Jim:

turqoiuse- good thought

Problem with MM is that when adding the color PE, it is not even close so it sticks out like a sore thumb

Dave

July 28th, 2011, 6:53 pm #5

Hi Guys:

Could use a little help. I am building this kit for review and I have a question about the interior color. Instructions call for Gunze H45 Light Blue. Unfortunately, that type of paint is not available near me so my question, are there offsets. I can tell you the Modelmaster is no where near the same color based on the colored PE set.

Any ideas?

Dave M
to the color-etch parts.

www.lindenhillimports.com

chris

July 29th, 2011, 2:18 am #6

Forgot about them- thanks

Dave

July 29th, 2011, 5:52 am #7

Even if it's not an exact match you could still get away with using the MM paint. The cockpits in real aircraft weren't painted like we do our kit cockpits. Different parts could come from different subcontractors/manufacturers, so paint colors could vary. They weren't generally painted as one monolithic block.

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?" from the movie "Airplane!" 1980
and not just about cockpits. I think people put WAY to much into trying to match colors. In the real world there is a lot of difference from one A/C to another A/C. I drove trucks for many years and the paint on one might be just a little different from another even though they came from the same factory but different years.

Gary Allen

July 29th, 2011, 2:17 pm #8

I am not the least an accuracy nut, don't care at all. But trying to install one color of the colored PE next to the MM color looked bad, even to me. BTW, I found a great match with ModelC olro Blue Green - Vallejo paints too

As for colors- I have spent my entire life working for paint comapnies and your right, close is good enough

Dave

July 29th, 2011, 5:14 pm #9

Hi Guys:

Any ideas?

Dave M
Testors used to make 2135 USSR Interior Blue Green. And in the Boyd car paint line they made a "Pacific Blue" #52705. Might see if som of the supply houses might have either of these in stock

MTC YMMV

Tom

July 29th, 2011, 6:14 pm #10