Eduard Bf 110 1:72

Eduard Bf 110 1:72

August 8th, 2012, 8:21 pm #1

Hi chaps, latest all done. It's a commission so not weathered enough for my tastes, still, Tim is happy with it. I'm about to start another one with all the Brassin and PE, that's going to be finished a little bit differently!!!!

Article coming soon to SAM.

August 8th, 2012, 8:33 pm #2

with MUCH restrained weathering. You seem to have gone over to the "dark side" aka Spanish School due to...?

August 8th, 2012, 8:40 pm #3

The only thing I've done differently on this is not to use oil dot weathering and to post shade the panel lines with black.red brown. Something I nicked from an Aussie!

August 8th, 2012, 8:50 pm #4

Hi chaps, latest all done. It's a commission so not weathered enough for my tastes, still, Tim is happy with it. I'm about to start another one with all the Brassin and PE, that's going to be finished a little bit differently!!!!

You must churn out one every month???

August 8th, 2012, 11:10 pm #5

Not being a 'weathering' kind of modeller myself, I really like this more 'minimalist' finish... looks absolutely lovely... well done. Looking forward to getting my own soon, hopefully.

Regards,

Paul

August 9th, 2012, 6:35 am #6

I am sure you have said it before, but how do you do your paint chipping?

August 9th, 2012, 7:52 am #7

-because it looks lovely as it is.

I also like the "feel" you have got into the paint mix- so much so that I can't actually decide if it is 71/02, or a very faded 74/75!
But then, I have always had this problems looking at soem colour pics of real '110s around the time they crossed over.

August 9th, 2012, 8:21 am #8

the bad joint between the power eggs and wing that was prevalent on the 48 scale kit?
Last edited by gerrydoyle on August 9th, 2012, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 9th, 2012, 8:38 am #9

I am sure you have said it before, but how do you do your paint chipping?
Hi Gid

I just use a 4/0 brush and acrylic paint, in this case Model Air Steel mixed with RLM 76 to kill the shine.

August 9th, 2012, 8:42 am #10

the bad joint between the power eggs and wing that was prevalent on the 48 scale kit?
It's not Tamiya and I needed a bit of Mr Surfacer to fill a slight step but it's vastly improved.