Dremel cut off wheel inquiry

Dremel cut off wheel inquiry

June 17th, 2012, 5:47 am #1

i am going to cut some small brass tubing.
what type of wheel should i use .the ones that came with the Dremel Kit seem really flimsy /
TIA.......jg

June 17th, 2012, 6:01 am #2

Any of them should be fine, I've used both the regular abrasive and diamond wheels but I find just using a razor saw to be easier, usually only takes a few swipes. If you do use a Dremel put some tape on the part you're cutting off so it doesn't disappear.

June 17th, 2012, 6:32 am #3

what type of wheel should i use .the ones that came with the Dremel Kit seem really flimsy /
TIA.......jg
-and use the steel saw discs for removing resin stubs (lubricated with water.)

NOTE- abrasive discs are extremely vulnerable to any sort of shock loading, and I have broken countless numbers of them by carelessly not looking where I put the motor tool down etc, becasue I was far more worried about conserving the work I had just been doing.

June 17th, 2012, 11:23 am #4

TIA.......jg
Just roll the tubing back and forth on a flat surface under an Xacto or utility knife blade. Quick, easy, clean cut exactly where you want it. What's not to like?

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

June 17th, 2012, 1:21 pm #5

TIA.......jg
Get a reinforced cut off wheel.They hold up much better.

June 17th, 2012, 4:15 pm #6

TIA.......jg
I've had those cutoff disks break apart during use...pieces go flying.

June 17th, 2012, 4:28 pm #7

TIA.......jg
"Even easier." Rolling it back and forth under a sharp blade is easiest. You don't even have to go through the metal. Just get a groove going, pick up and snap it like a twig. Then sand the end flush. Don't even have to plug in the Dremel.

June 17th, 2012, 4:33 pm #8

Roll cutting small brass tubing with an xacto knife is the best way.( not too good for keeping a sharp blade though) I use firm pressure and roll the brass tube once or twice with the knife blade then hold it in both hands close to the cut lint and snap it.

June 17th, 2012, 8:29 pm #9

TIA.......jg
http://www.ehobbies.com/k-s296.html?mr: ... erralID=NA

June 17th, 2012, 9:01 pm #10

Just roll the tubing back and forth on a flat surface under an Xacto or utility knife blade. Quick, easy, clean cut exactly where you want it. What's not to like?

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!
...if I was going to need a buncha pieces.
10 or 15 pieces would be quicker and easier
with a power tool.