Dragon 1/700 Laffey = a "Not-so-Smart" kit?

Dragon 1/700 Laffey = a "Not-so-Smart" kit?

January 12th, 2012, 3:56 am #1

Just received the above, & was kind of disappointed upon opening same & finding out that there's only one full-hull & one waterline hull included in the box. I wonder why Dragon didn't include two of each, which would've entailed an insignificant cost, while allowing the builder to complete both kits either full-hull or waterline.

Anybody else share my frustration w/this one?

Having said the above, i must admit that the kits are the most detailed 1/700th WWII DDs I've ever seen. Dragon did a knock-out job on their Laffeys - Very pretty in the box!

Deal time? Will trade my (1) full-hull piece, w/props, etc. for your (1) waterline hull Laffey.

Regards,
Tomt.

Brian Miller
Brian Miller

January 12th, 2012, 7:49 pm #2

I definately would love two waterline kits, but they way I lose small pieces I would use the full hull kit for spares and probably end up with one kit anyways.

January 12th, 2012, 7:58 pm #3

Just received the above, & was kind of disappointed upon opening same & finding out that there's only one full-hull & one waterline hull included in the box. I wonder why Dragon didn't include two of each, which would've entailed an insignificant cost, while allowing the builder to complete both kits either full-hull or waterline.

Anybody else share my frustration w/this one?

Having said the above, i must admit that the kits are the most detailed 1/700th WWII DDs I've ever seen. Dragon did a knock-out job on their Laffeys - Very pretty in the box!

Deal time? Will trade my (1) full-hull piece, w/props, etc. for your (1) waterline hull Laffey.

Regards,
Tomt.
I was all set to buy it until I realized that it didn't have two waterline options. True, I could make one myself, but...

Corbin

January 13th, 2012, 5:25 am #4

I definately would love two waterline kits, but they way I lose small pieces I would use the full hull kit for spares and probably end up with one kit anyways.
Hiya Brian -

If you wish, i'll trade you my (1) waterline hull Laffey, for your (1) full-hull Laffey piece.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Regards, Tomt.

January 13th, 2012, 5:28 am #5

I was all set to buy it until I realized that it didn't have two waterline options. True, I could make one myself, but...

Corbin
... but the kit is so darn pretty i couldn't resist.

If i can't get a hull trade (in either direction) out comes the olde hacksaw...

Regards,

g.