Dornier 217

Dornier 217

September 9th, 2011, 11:24 am #1

As with my entry in the Airfix forum - I'm always late to these things. This is especially bad as I'm mostly a 1/72 scale builder (except for WW2 fighters).

Anyway - I've been working on an Italeri Dornier 217K-1. The Do-17/215/217 is one of my favourite families of twins, I have a few in the stash but this is the first one I've built. It was actually started a few years ago, shelved, then brought out a couple of months back as I try to finish off about a half-dozen started kits.

The main body is assembled, and I'm just finishing the (rather tedious, it must be said) process of masking all the clear parts before spraying

September 10th, 2011, 7:38 pm #2

...keep going!

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 13th, 2011, 2:43 am #3

As with my entry in the Airfix forum - I'm always late to these things. This is especially bad as I'm mostly a 1/72 scale builder (except for WW2 fighters).

Anyway - I've been working on an Italeri Dornier 217K-1. The Do-17/215/217 is one of my favourite families of twins, I have a few in the stash but this is the first one I've built. It was actually started a few years ago, shelved, then brought out a couple of months back as I try to finish off about a half-dozen started kits.

The main body is assembled, and I'm just finishing the (rather tedious, it must be said) process of masking all the clear parts before spraying

just starting into some of my 2 engine kits and I was wondering how to keep the guns in place. I'll try what you are doing. thanks,

Planes looking pretty good as well!

September 13th, 2011, 5:04 pm #4

That will look great when done, Scott. Nice start. What will your colors be (or did you say on the post and I just glossed over it)?

Keep posting.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

September 13th, 2011, 8:37 pm #5

I like this one - it's a beauty

Nice work so far, you're almost at the fun bit : painting

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix - Spitfre PR.XIX : Part I (incl Flying Legends 2011 show report) - Part II - Part III - Part IV (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.1)
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part IV
1/72 - KP - MiG-15 UTI : Part I - Part II (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.2)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God