Does CA Debonder remove the glue?

Does CA Debonder remove the glue?

March 19th, 2012, 8:32 pm #1

thought I would be brilliant and save time this morning before leaving for work. I used thick CA glue along a seam instead of using putty.

It did not go on too well as I was rushed. I've heard that trying to sand CA can be problematic.

Can I use debonder to remove the probable excess that awaits me when I get home and just do the putty like I should have?

Craig

March 19th, 2012, 9:07 pm #2

I was, in those times that I've used it, trying to remove the glue. You might have some luck if you just use small amounts of the stuff, and cross your fingers.

I've not had problems sanding CA. Start with coarse sanding stick, and work your way down as usual.

March 19th, 2012, 9:22 pm #3

thought I would be brilliant and save time this morning before leaving for work. I used thick CA glue along a seam instead of using putty.

It did not go on too well as I was rushed. I've heard that trying to sand CA can be problematic.

Can I use debonder to remove the probable excess that awaits me when I get home and just do the putty like I should have?

Craig
And can melt some plastics. If you use CA to fill a gap you should sand it ASAP. Debonder workds best for cleaning your fingers not trying to fix a botch job on a kit.

March 19th, 2012, 9:39 pm #4

But it works great on resin.

You can't spend your way out of poverty