Does anyone make metallic white paint?

Does anyone make metallic white paint?

November 12th, 2011, 1:54 am #1

Testor's website turned up nothing and searching through Tamiya's and Dragon's websites turned up a couple pearl whites but I need metallic. Even Duplicolor's website turned up nothing definitive.

Cameron Forester
Aviation Maintenance student

I don't rant; I complain logically
-My mom

November 12th, 2011, 4:13 am #2

What was it originally used on?

If it was used on a car, you should be able to find it here (by make and year):

www.autocolorlibrary.com

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

November 12th, 2011, 4:14 am #3

Testor's website turned up nothing and searching through Tamiya's and Dragon's websites turned up a couple pearl whites but I need metallic. Even Duplicolor's website turned up nothing definitive.

Cameron Forester

-My mom

www.autocolorlibrary.com

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

Sat Cong!

November 12th, 2011, 4:26 am #4

www.autocolorlibrary.com

Sat Cong!
I'm going to use it to do a custom paint job on a Chevy Nova. I was hoping to find a small bottle of hobby paint instead of a big spray can or quart of automotive paint.

November 12th, 2011, 4:40 am #5

Model car net friends talk about this brand of paint all the time--dunno if they'd have what you want or not, but you can look here:

http://www.kolorhouse.com/custom-paints ... kolor.html

Sat Cong!

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 12th, 2011, 5:57 am #6

Cameron Forester

-My mom
at an auto paint store... check them out... it's not as expensive per ounce as model paint!

Also, there is usually a metallic white for some of the manufacturers on the plastikote or duplicolor rack at your local auto parts store...5 to 6 bucks for a sizeable rattle can of the stuff..

November 13th, 2011, 4:08 am #7

Model car net friends talk about this brand of paint all the time--dunno if they'd have what you want or not, but you can look here:

http://www.kolorhouse.com/custom-paints ... kolor.html

Sat Cong!
House of Kolor is another automotive paint manufacturer by the looks of it. They seem to have a much bigger selection than Duplicolor. If I can't find a spray can of metallic white at the local reputable auto parts store, I will probably order some from House of Kolor. When I finally get around to repainting my Saturn, I'll probably order the paint from them. Thanks again.

Cameron Forester

-My mom

November 13th, 2011, 4:11 am #8

at an auto paint store... check them out... it's not as expensive per ounce as model paint!

Also, there is usually a metallic white for some of the manufacturers on the plastikote or duplicolor rack at your local auto parts store...5 to 6 bucks for a sizeable rattle can of the stuff..
I'll probably hit up the local O'reilly Auto soon to see if I can find any. If not, I'll probably order some from House of Kolor as Snake recommended.

Cameron Forester

-My mom

November 14th, 2011, 1:30 am #9

that the Home Depot seems to carry quite a selection of Rust-o-leum. I've had pretty good luck with it over the years. Test it first on the plastic you're painting though!

If you need a "plain" color (non-metallic), then the selection is great.
Last edited by seafirexv on November 14th, 2011, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 15th, 2011, 7:41 pm #10

Cameron Forester

-My mom
Duplicolor, Rustoleum, Krylon, House of Kolor, and the local auto parts stores all came up short in the hunt for metallic white. I have found a brand called Auto-Air, an automotive airbrushing paint available in small bottles, that sells metallic white. I believe an art supply store in Memphis stocks them so I plan to buy or order a bottle this weekend and I'll post if the paint is worth it or not.

Cameron Forester

-My mom