Do you think an aviation series like Black sheep squadron will ever be made again?

Do you think an aviation series like Black sheep squadron will ever be made again?

June 20th, 2012, 4:28 am #1

June 20th, 2012, 5:03 am #2

be 'new' to future gens and perhaps one day there may be enuff interest in the all important 18-30 male demo to produce such programming.

All the reality/'talent' contest crap will run it's course. I hope. Some good ones (there are a few), and some bad ones, will of course remain. They're big money makers for the studios/networks.

One of these days the suits in chg may also fig out that they are other interesting storylines out there that do not inc doctors, lawyers or cops.

June 20th, 2012, 5:29 am #3

would do it up right. Prime time TV might give you something like Pan Am. Eeeek.
Last edited by ADRIANOPANETTA on June 20th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 20th, 2012, 5:39 am #4

I agree, leave the crap for the sheeple to the networks, not much worth watching comes from them these days. Maybe Hanks and Speilberg will take an interest in aviation.

June 20th, 2012, 9:17 am #5

I remember watching that show when it first aired and was struck by how unbelievably bad it was. Of course I was in the Marines at the time and was in aviation, so I might have been a bit biased.

I suppose if I had been 9 years old at the time, I probably would have thought it was great, just like I thought "The Rat Patrol" and "12 O'Clock High" (The T.V. Show, not the movie)was in the 60s when I was still in grade school and jr. high.

June 20th, 2012, 11:28 am #6

"drama" not a comedy so anything can happen! Mike

June 20th, 2012, 1:09 pm #7

I remember watching that show when it first aired and was struck by how unbelievably bad it was. Of course I was in the Marines at the time and was in aviation, so I might have been a bit biased.

I suppose if I had been 9 years old at the time, I probably would have thought it was great, just like I thought "The Rat Patrol" and "12 O'Clock High" (The T.V. Show, not the movie)was in the 60s when I was still in grade school and jr. high.
....I was a teen. At the time I thought it was the greatest thing. But of course I was young and stupid.

I look at it now and realize just how horribly bad it really was.

June 20th, 2012, 1:12 pm #8

...if it ain't 'reality TV' then it's not going to get made.

WWII is now too far back in time for the current audience demographic for it to be relevant. Even the 60's are ancient history.

June 20th, 2012, 4:16 pm #9

I still watch enough TV that's not 'reality' based. Almost none of it is from the networks though.

June 20th, 2012, 7:33 pm #10

I agree, leave the crap for the sheeple to the networks, not much worth watching comes from them these days. Maybe Hanks and Speilberg will take an interest in aviation.
I'd love to see the Hanks/Spielberg/HBO treatment given to a miniseries about the 345th Bomb Group in the Pacific. Reading "Warpath Across the Pacific" would give them tons of ideas for gripping stories and incredible visuals.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
http://thachweave.tripod.com