DH-5 Completed! Fokker Fodder for Laurent

DH-5 Completed! Fokker Fodder for Laurent

Dan Smith
Dan Smith

December 2nd, 2011, 6:10 am #1

All,

I just got the Libramodels Staggerwing completed. I added all the control surface rigging, pulleys, gas tank cover, pito tube, painted the fuselage roundals and stuck on a windshield. You can see from the bottom shot the reason I painted the rest of the markings on! I really mucked those decals up.

A really enjoyable build and a really nice model. A special thanks to Tim for sending me the kit. Thanks to Claus for sending me another DH-5! Typical of this forum, I only wished for some cool aiplanes and I had two unsolicited copies sent to me within 2 weeks. Thanks awfully, Chaps!

Guess what's next, William?

Thanks for looking. What a great group build this has been.

December 2nd, 2011, 1:01 pm #2

Excellent work!!!

December 2nd, 2011, 8:10 pm #3

All,

I just got the Libramodels Staggerwing completed. I added all the control surface rigging, pulleys, gas tank cover, pito tube, painted the fuselage roundals and stuck on a windshield. You can see from the bottom shot the reason I painted the rest of the markings on! I really mucked those decals up.

A really enjoyable build and a really nice model. A special thanks to Tim for sending me the kit. Thanks to Claus for sending me another DH-5! Typical of this forum, I only wished for some cool aiplanes and I had two unsolicited copies sent to me within 2 weeks. Thanks awfully, Chaps!

Very subtle job Dan. I'm impressed that you can build at light speed a vac kit!?
With a great result... Top notch!

December 2nd, 2011, 10:30 pm #4

All,

I know you've really been pumping out the builds lately Dan, but there are certainly no quality-control issues in your production run! Great job on the prop and struts, the rigging (and all that other wonky wiring around the top wing!) and hey - if you need British roundels, just let me know. I've got a glut of 'em in the decal stash!!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

December 3rd, 2011, 1:40 am #5

All,

I have not said much lately, but I have been keeping a watch on your builds, and you have been doing some great work.

Cheers,

M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

December 3rd, 2011, 5:59 am #6

All,

Very impressive work Dan! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the AEG...

December 3rd, 2011, 6:05 am #7

Im not anonymous!

December 4th, 2011, 5:22 am #8

All,

I'm not complaining about the build, it's an excellent build. The one impression that has stayed with me about these rotary powered aircraft fly is just how MUCH slime they kick out. That’s WHY the cowl has the large cutout on the bottom, and a glossy and STICKY trail heads from the cowl and reaches the tail. It’s the one place yon can’t weather to much, the underbody of any rotary powered plane. Go ahead, go wild, it forms glossly little rivers of amber stuck to the bottom and filling any nook it can touch.

Greg in OK

December 4th, 2011, 2:37 pm #9

All,

Darn nice job as usual, Dan! No serial? I think I have a British serial sheet somewhere, if you need a few numbers.

Dan Smith
Dan Smith

December 4th, 2011, 4:48 pm #10

Hi Claus,

You always catch those things...prop logos and serial numbers! You are quite correct. I was going to try my hand at making some with a laser printer on white decal film but work had gotten in the way...

I'll scare some up before it sits on a contest table.

Thanks for the words and the other DH-5! Funny thing...I can't wait to start that one too...