DFW CV cabanes and a simple jig

DFW CV cabanes and a simple jig

October 6th, 2011, 4:42 pm #1

All,

Still plugging along. You can see I've made some progress. I put on the cabane struts with the aid of a very simple cardboard (from an Airfix box) and balsa jig to help with alignment. Worked just great. I think I'll also use it when I actually attached the top wing as well. I usually use the Mk. 1 Eyeball for these sorts of things, but the geometry of the cabane struts, while not Fokker D-VII-like, was still a little scary.

I'll put on the landing gear and start painting pretty soon. This is a nice little kit!

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

October 6th, 2011, 7:01 pm #2

Dan, the progress you make is really scary - are you God ?

Nice work, hard to believe this is a vac, it looks pretty good to me

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix - Spitfre PR.XIX : Part I (incl Flying Legends 2011 show report) - Part II - Part III - Part IV (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.1/2)
1/72 - Airfix - Me-262 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Post scriptum / end (incl. eDay 2011 show report pt.1/2)
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V
1/72 - KP - MiG-15 UTI : Part I - Part II (incl. Pilsenkit 2011 show report pt.2/2) - Part III - Part IV

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

October 7th, 2011, 1:10 am #3

All,

Still plugging along. You can see I've made some progress. I put on the cabane struts with the aid of a very simple cardboard (from an Airfix box) and balsa jig to help with alignment. Worked just great. I think I'll also use it when I actually attached the top wing as well. I usually use the Mk. 1 Eyeball for these sorts of things, but the geometry of the cabane struts, while not Fokker D-VII-like, was still a little scary.

I'll put on the landing gear and start painting pretty soon. This is a nice little kit!

Regards,

and doubly amazing knowing it's vac. Nice jig too--I'll have to remember this.

Stuart

October 7th, 2011, 2:47 am #4

All,

Regards,

That is looking nice Dan!

October 7th, 2011, 4:52 am #5

All,

Regards,

Hi Dan,

you are working miracles with this kit. Really liked your interior work and how you skinned the under surfaces of the wings. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Petri

October 7th, 2011, 8:07 am #6

All,

Regards,

Gee.................a VAC biplane it a tough one but doing well Dan