Danni, I found something to set your heart aflutter. (pic)

Danni, I found something to set your heart aflutter. (pic)

July 6th, 2012, 12:16 am #1

It's the rarest of all Scooters... it belongs to a FIGHTER UNIT (VF-21), and it has a motherflippin' SHARKMOUTH, to boot.

This may be the most awesome Skyhawk in history. Just sayin'.

"History is not 'was', it 'is'." - William Faulkner

July 6th, 2012, 12:23 am #2

it makes a nice companion pic to one that has been published a lot,,,,the published photo is only of the nose, so we never get to see the "rest of the aircraft" and the markings

I wonder who mislabeled the "TV-1", though,,,,it is very obvious that it is a two seater

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/

July 6th, 2012, 12:25 am #3

It's the rarest of all Scooters... it belongs to a FIGHTER UNIT (VF-21), and it has a motherflippin' SHARKMOUTH, to boot.

July 6th, 2012, 12:34 am #4

...the A4D-1 is interesting.

Dry fit, don't fit, fix fit.

Google IS your friend.

July 6th, 2012, 12:48 am #5

The formation is a little sloppy, but, considering the performance differences between those aircraft, it's amazing they stayed together to get this shot. Thanks for posting.

July 6th, 2012, 1:30 am #6

So to do that Skyhawk, can I use a B, or do I have to go with the old Lindberg kit as a starting point. Please tell me I can use the Hasegawa B!

July 6th, 2012, 1:39 am #7

start from a B kit, remove the refueling probe and any fuselage parts that are molded on for it

"reverse" the Douglas procedure on the Rudder,,,,fill in between the ribs in the rudder, and add the skin back on,,,,,,A-4A has a "skinned over rudder"

find three 150 gallon fuel tanks to duplicate that photo, the center only looks longer because it is farther forward

it feels like I am leaving something out,,,,,,maybe the Vortex generator patterns? (check with Tommy T ?)

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/

July 6th, 2012, 2:16 am #8

um

Keep your Sprues Empty

July 6th, 2012, 2:29 am #9

...how the AOA increases with each successive aircraft. The F11F must be closing in on stall speed.

July 6th, 2012, 2:33 am #10

Thanks sweetie

Silence will fall when the Question is asked.