CW-21 Demon

CW-21 Demon

August 31st, 2010, 5:15 am #1

Here's my 1/48 resin CW-21 in RNEIAF service that I built several years ago. I can't remember the kit manufacturer but it was inspired by a Sierra Scale Models vac-form that was featured in Fine Scale Modeler. I recall the decals exploded on contact with water and I had to source them from the spares box.

Anyone else remember who manufactured this kit?

Cheers
Doug

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

August 31st, 2010, 12:13 pm #2

Superb work, sir!!!

September 1st, 2010, 9:20 pm #3

Here's my 1/48 resin CW-21 in RNEIAF service that I built several years ago. I can't remember the kit manufacturer but it was inspired by a Sierra Scale Models vac-form that was featured in Fine Scale Modeler. I recall the decals exploded on contact with water and I had to source them from the spares box.

Cheers
Doug

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for posting it.

And now I'll get all pedantic. This type was never named 'Demon.' The problem stems from a Curtiss drawing or photo for the first CW-21, which was labeled 'CW-21 Demon.' ('Demonstrator', abbreviated). I think Dan Hagedorn was the one who first brought this error to light. Doesn't detract a bit from your lovely model though.

"Money could buy anything, with a nectarine in one hand."
John Williams

September 2nd, 2010, 12:25 am #4

Cheers
Doug

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
you built it from?

[/IMG]

As you can see it is a Sierra Scale, but it is resin. Now that I see your it makes me want to get to work on this thing!!
Great job!
Geoff

September 2nd, 2010, 12:10 pm #5

Cheers
Doug

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Sierra did about 50 before switching back to vac and WSW was/is a German company. I have built both but know of no other resin ones out there. Sierra used dry transfers in the resin version IIRC so waterslide decals lead me to believe this is the WSW kit.
FWIW
Hub

Any day above ground is a good one!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!

September 3rd, 2010, 10:59 am #6

.....I remember now it was German. I replaced the engine, prop and wheels from the spares box as well. The kit also had decals for a CW-21 captured by the Japanese. Interesting to hear it was not actually called the Demon....I was unaware of that story.
Cheers
Doug