CV-1 USS Langley complete with aircraft

CV-1 USS Langley complete with aircraft

March 31st, 2012, 1:44 am #1

and ready to get underway.

It's finally finished. Put the finishing touches onto the aircraft, the last of the few details on the boat, and it is finished. Not an easy project, but most rewarding as I know there's not a ton of them out there.

Just a quick recap, the only parts used from the kit are the hull and PE deck supports and railings. The deck, aircraft, boats, davits and cranes, hangar deck details were all scratchbuilt, and Le Arsenal, White Ensign and Gold Medal bits rounded out the rest of it. Rather than ramble on, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

[/IMG]
OK not sure what happened to the white balance on this one. It was not that blue when I uploaded it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you enjoyed. The pictures were shot with a Nikon D7000 set to Aperture priority, stopped down to f25, ISO set at 1250 and a shutter speed of half a second, all done on a tripod.

Cheers
Mike

"You cannot believe every quote you read on the internet". - Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by Mike_Robinson on March 31st, 2012, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2012, 1:47 am #2

An amazing piece of work

March 31st, 2012, 2:12 am #3

It's finally finished. Put the finishing touches onto the aircraft, the last of the few details on the boat, and it is finished. Not an easy project, but most rewarding as I know there's not a ton of them out there.

Just a quick recap, the only parts used from the kit are the hull and PE deck supports and railings. The deck, aircraft, boats, davits and cranes, hangar deck details were all scratchbuilt, and Le Arsenal, White Ensign and Gold Medal bits rounded out the rest of it. Rather than ramble on, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

[/IMG]
OK not sure what happened to the white balance on this one. It was not that blue when I uploaded it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope you enjoyed. The pictures were shot with a Nikon D7000 set to Aperture priority, stopped down to f25, ISO set at 1250 and a shutter speed of half a second, all done on a tripod.

Cheers
Mike

Bravo to you sir on a beautiful build!

M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

March 31st, 2012, 2:15 am #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Mike

Seriously, guy, great job, and on a kit that didn't deserve it. Good thing the ship did.

March 31st, 2012, 2:23 am #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Mike

You do nice work y'know? LOL!!!! I don't think I'm ever going to grow up to be able to do work like that.

Seriously though, absolutely brilliant work Mike. It's always a pleasure seein' your work posted here.

Cheers,
Wolf

March 31st, 2012, 2:44 am #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Mike

I have a 1/350th USS Wasp still to do. Not really a "ship guy", so don't know what to expect. How long did this take ya?

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -
Last edited by craigindaytona on March 31st, 2012, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2012, 2:53 am #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Mike

That's an incredible piece of work! nice job.

March 31st, 2012, 2:55 am #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Mike

Really,really nice. An impressive build,I enjoyed following along.

March 31st, 2012, 3:39 am #9

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Mike

Very impressive work!

March 31st, 2012, 3:43 am #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Mike

Or he is green with envy. This would be a worthy addition to the Naval Air Museum. It is a tribute to a proud and gallant ship that did not survive the dark period of war in a far-away place after Pearl Harbor. She was one of the "rugged, ragged warriors". It is a truly beautiful piece of work. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.