Corvette vs. deer.........

Corvette vs. deer.........

June 19th, 2012, 4:38 pm #1

This happened at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia during Hyperfest. Deer and other animals show up on track pretty frequently and especially before the first turn of the track. Right in the middle of the braking zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8FBxS-0 ... r_embedded

June 19th, 2012, 6:32 pm #2

he only had time to cover his face with his hand. What was the 90 minute Daisy Duke delay though?

June 19th, 2012, 6:58 pm #3

This happened at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia during Hyperfest. Deer and other animals show up on track pretty frequently and especially before the first turn of the track. Right in the middle of the braking zone.

- but they are also -really- dumb.

There are too many up here on Vancouver Island, the authorities need to do a cull.

I DO NOT drive at night.

June 19th, 2012, 7:35 pm #4

They are so used to us residents of our rural Hill Country subdivision, that they hardly move as we drive toward 'em. They come through our two acres (at least twenty( EVERY day. They're like rats, eating-wise, just much larger. And, now that the fawns are here......we can expect lot of fawn collisions, 'cause they haven't yet learned from their mothers that cars won't hurt 'em IF they stay out of the way.

Bondo

June 19th, 2012, 7:35 pm #5

There are too many up here on Vancouver Island, the authorities need to do a cull.

I DO NOT drive at night.
Duplicate; thanks, 54! nt
Last edited by bondo455 on June 19th, 2012, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 19th, 2012, 7:38 pm #6

I DO NOT drive at night.
They are more like giant, overgrown, semiadorable, edible RATS.

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

June 19th, 2012, 8:43 pm #7

Looks like that's down towards the end of the main straightaway where you are going to have built up a lot of speed before braking for Turn 1. Would have been a whole different story if that critter had come in through the windsheld instead of going up over the roof!

JR

June 20th, 2012, 12:04 am #8

My wife took out both ends of our (then) new '93 Probe GT ($10K damage on a $17K car) against guardrails when, at 70 MPH, at night, she encountered a full grown deer standing in the middle of South MOPAC expressway here in Austin. Turned out to be just plain luck that she "elected" to lose control and swap ends via overly aggressive steering input, as opposed to braking and possibly hitting the deer. I'm sure it woulda come through the windshield. The uninjured deer slowly stepped away from the scene as the airbags deflated.....

Phil
Last edited by bondo455 on June 20th, 2012, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 20th, 2012, 1:04 am #9

he only had time to cover his face with his hand. What was the 90 minute Daisy Duke delay though?
(VERY) short short shorts.
It was a contest for the best looking lady in the shortest shorts.

(Was that short enough for you ?)

Wheels UP-Water
Wheels DOWN-Land
DO NOT confuse the two !

June 20th, 2012, 4:36 am #10

I DO NOT drive at night.
They're vermin. They're a traffic hazard. There's a serious overpopulation issue here and it's not going away.

Ken