Corsair F4U-1A Trumpeter 1/32

Corsair F4U-1A Trumpeter 1/32

March 3rd, 2011, 5:15 pm #1

Got finaly my Corsair finished. I started it more than one year ago. I used the Big Ed, Aires wheel wells and the Aires cockpit. The engine is a mix of the Trumpeter P-47 engine and some Quickboost parts.

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

March 3rd, 2011, 5:24 pm #2

That is one beautiful Corsair!! I love looking at your work!! Great attention to detail!

Brandon

March 3rd, 2011, 5:28 pm #3

Got finaly my Corsair finished. I started it more than one year ago. I used the Big Ed, Aires wheel wells and the Aires cockpit. The engine is a mix of the Trumpeter P-47 engine and some Quickboost parts.

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

Bravissimo! n/t

March 3rd, 2011, 5:34 pm #4

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

...looks great.

Dry fit, don't fit, fix fit.

March 3rd, 2011, 6:12 pm #5

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

I've got one in the stash, so please tell me. Using the aftermarket you mention do you get the wheelwells and wing fold you see here or did you add some scratchbuild? And that engine - had you monted on a stand and used a background I could have sworn it was a real one. WOW.

I'm itching to start mine now, but I suppose I need to get some stuff.

Congrats for a wonderful job !!

Thomas

March 3rd, 2011, 6:27 pm #6

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

March 3rd, 2011, 6:28 pm #7

I've got one in the stash, so please tell me. Using the aftermarket you mention do you get the wheelwells and wing fold you see here or did you add some scratchbuild? And that engine - had you monted on a stand and used a background I could have sworn it was a real one. WOW.

I'm itching to start mine now, but I suppose I need to get some stuff.

Congrats for a wonderful job !!

Thomas
Thomas,

besides the mentioned aftermarket items I did some scratchbuilding on my Corsair. This was mainly the construction of new engine cowling flaps which are awfully represented in the kit. The wingfold is mostly out of the box, I only added the Eduard parts and some cables.
Even though this is a Trumpeter kit, it is missing one thing: Rivets! (Unbelievable, a Trumpeter kit without rivets!)
So I rivetted the whole plane.

Thats it.

Bodo

March 3rd, 2011, 6:41 pm #8

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

That model is fantastic... I love that engine. Great build.

March 3rd, 2011, 6:44 pm #9

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

the details and especially the paint. Es hat mir gefallen Bodo,
J

March 3rd, 2011, 7:18 pm #10

I hope you like it!

Greetings from Germany,

Bodo

Wie Montgomery Burns sagen würde.

Grüsse

Giampiero