Correct colors for Tamiya 1/35 88mm gun crew figures?

Correct colors for Tamiya 1/35 88mm gun crew figures?

August 2nd, 2012, 8:05 pm #1

Folks,

What would be the correct colors for the uniforma of the original Tamiya (Military Miniatures) 1/35 88mm gun crew figures? Would the uniforms be all fiedd gray or would it be more accurate to use the different gray colors for the shirt/trousers respectively?

If different colors for the shirt/trousers, what would be the respective gray colors to use?

TIA!

Rick

August 2nd, 2012, 11:45 pm #2

Despite the instruction sheet which says you can paint them as Luftwaffe, Army or SS, the figures have just one specific type of uniform. I think, from what I remember, they are early War Army. The jacket and pants would be field grey. For very early you could paint the trousers dark grey.

If you ignore the drawings on the instructions that show the different uniforms the figures are NOT wearing, the kit painting guide is reasonable

August 3rd, 2012, 2:39 am #3

Full steam ahead; thanks for the information!

Rick

August 3rd, 2012, 2:44 am #4

Folks,

What would be the correct colors for the uniforma of the original Tamiya (Military Miniatures) 1/35 88mm gun crew figures? Would the uniforms be all fiedd gray or would it be more accurate to use the different gray colors for the shirt/trousers respectively?

If different colors for the shirt/trousers, what would be the respective gray colors to use?

TIA!

Rick
Hello;
The original Tamiya 88 kit had figures wearing the field gray uniform typical for early war for both the Heer and the SS. This is identifiable because of the pleated pockets on the lower tunic. These were made plain in 1943, were only the upper pockets were pleated.The differences in the Heer & SS versions were simple, breast eagle/ sleeve eagle, collar tabs, shoulder boards, buttons, belt buckles, cuff titles....
The only other difference would be the color of the collar in early war years. The Heer used a dark forest green. The SS used black. These color differences were also used on the bottom of the shoulder boards. Also, cuff titles were worn on the left arm for the SS and for any other unit that had them, they were worn on the right arm.
The feldpolizei would wear the same uniforms as their parent service with different accoutrements and collar colors could very too, depending on branch. Thus a Heer feldpolizei would be wearing the same uniform as any other army soldier, with the different accouterments of the police, such as different shoulder boards, a gorget, police eagle and wreath on the upper left arm and so on.

The Luftwaffe used a completely different uniform. It was an open necked, with lapels in feldblau, so these figures can not be used as Luftwaffe. Neither can the figured from the early release of the Sdkfz7 for they are all in the same closed neck uniforms as the 'in-action' crew that comes with the 88.

IHTH,
Jay "Todtjager" Barbarisch
Semper fi!
USMC forever!

"Arsenal"
Model kits, Buy, Sell, Trade; Armor, Aircraft, Figures, resin, ...

Built ups & a WWII 1/35 Parts Depot.

I'm in Michigan USA.

My Sales & Want Lists can are viewable on my site;

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/todtjager

" Hastverk mote Dod, for Deres sted tatt!"

" Alea Iacta est." "Veni Vidi Vici!"

August 3rd, 2012, 6:31 pm #5

the kit figures have molded on Army insignia

August 3rd, 2012, 7:10 pm #6

I was trying to give more information to anyone who reads this for their knowledge in making conversions.

Take carte,
USMC

"Arsenal"
Model kits, Buy, Sell, Trade; Armor, Aircraft, Figures, resin, ...

Built ups & a WWII 1/35 Parts Depot.

I'm in Michigan USA.

My Sales & Want Lists can are viewable on my site;

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/todtjager

" Hastverk mote Dod, for Deres sted tatt!"

" Alea Iacta est." "Veni Vidi Vici!"