converting cougar to panther

converting cougar to panther

July 2nd, 2012, 5:37 pm #1

I have a 1/540 Revell Coral Sea. The Starfighter Decals are for panthers. How do you convert the cougars to panthers? Do you just cut off wings, add a shim to make them straight or is there some other way? I have made this request in the past on the ship forum.

July 2nd, 2012, 5:45 pm #2

...throw them away and make your own straight replacements. New stabilizers would probably be the same work as trying to straighten what comes on a Cougar. Tip tanks from turned down sprue? Hope there aren't a deckful of these things required...

Con-firmed! It's a cruel world, Herr Hauptman. You said so yourself.
--Bruno Stachel
Last edited by hawx on July 2nd, 2012, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 2nd, 2012, 7:54 pm #3

I have a 1/540 Revell Coral Sea. The Starfighter Decals are for panthers. How do you convert the cougars to panthers? Do you just cut off wings, add a shim to make them straight or is there some other way? I have made this request in the past on the ship forum.
1/550 or 1/600. I think at one time they were White Ensign products but now are offered by someone else? Revell also has IIRC Panther jets in their oooold USS Roosevelt kit

July 2nd, 2012, 8:18 pm #4

Collect Aire and in 1/48

July 2nd, 2012, 8:26 pm #5

nt

July 2nd, 2012, 8:54 pm #6

1/550 or 1/600. I think at one time they were White Ensign products but now are offered by someone else? Revell also has IIRC Panther jets in their oooold USS Roosevelt kit
all three Revell ship models in that class had the same airwing in them

active and folded wing Cougars
F4U Corsairs, and only 2 Skyraiders,,,,,and some HUPs as the Helos

one solution to making Panthers for your deck is to find someone that has the Revell Lexington in the training CVT issue,,,get the wings from either the Buckeyes or the Trojans,,,,,or trade for the Trojons outright

you can clip those straight wings and put them on a couple of the Cougars,,,,and then sand on the Trojan bodies a bit, to make a crude Fury,,,,,,or use some of the Trojans as FJ-1 Furies with only a small bit of sanding and a shallow drilling of the nose and canopy

if you use the Buckeye wings, I think those already had drop tanks on the tips,,,,,it has been a couple of years since I got rid of my carrier models, so I don't exactly remember

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/

July 2nd, 2012, 9:01 pm #7

nt
Probably another example of someone not actually reading the message and just replying to the header.

July 2nd, 2012, 11:14 pm #8

July 2nd, 2012, 11:19 pm #9

Con-firmed! It's a cruel world, Herr Hauptman. You said so yourself.
--Bruno Stachel

July 2nd, 2012, 11:40 pm #10

http://www.starfighter-decals.com/resin ... -kits.html