Condor gets its wings.

Condor gets its wings.

July 5th, 2011, 6:24 pm #1

Yea! My goal of getting the camo painted and wings attached by the end of the holiday weekend has been achieved!

The closeups of the wing roots are without any filling or touch up. I'm quite please with the fit and will just apply some white glue to fill in the seam a bit followed by careful paint touch up where needed.

Cheers,
Eric

July 5th, 2011, 8:35 pm #2

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who HATES Krautwagens, too.

I think i know the answer already, but is the reason why you painted the wings separately from the fuselage, the sharp demarcation between the greens and the blue as it goes around the engine nacelles? Just curious.

Cheers,

david

bob mack
bob mack

July 5th, 2011, 9:20 pm #3

Yea! My goal of getting the camo painted and wings attached by the end of the holiday weekend has been achieved!

The closeups of the wing roots are without any filling or touch up. I'm quite please with the fit and will just apply some white glue to fill in the seam a bit followed by careful paint touch up where needed.

Cheers,
Eric

nice paint job

July 5th, 2011, 9:21 pm #4

Cheers,
Eric

I wish all kits would have a wingfit like this one

Nice work Eric

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

July 5th, 2011, 11:00 pm #5

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who HATES Krautwagens, too.

I think i know the answer already, but is the reason why you painted the wings separately from the fuselage, the sharp demarcation between the greens and the blue as it goes around the engine nacelles? Just curious.

Cheers,

david
Regardless of the nationality, it's hard not to be attracted to the Condor! It is a good looking plane.

As for why I did the wings separately, you are pretty close to the answer. When building large, multi-engined models, I prefer to do as much as possible with the wings detached. Especially when there's a lot of masking involved. Just makes working with the sub-assemblies easier. Even in 1/72 scale, models of planes like the Condor can be quite awkward to handle with the wings attached. The important thing is to first make sure the wing-to-fuselage fit is good as this minimizes seam cleanup and paint touch up. As you can see here, the fit on this kit is excellent.

Cheers,
Eric

July 5th, 2011, 11:01 pm #6

nice paint job

July 5th, 2011, 11:02 pm #7

I wish all kits would have a wingfit like this one

Nice work Eric

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God
the general fit of the entire kit is excellent. It's been an enjoyable build.

Eric

July 6th, 2011, 10:09 am #8

Cheers,
Eric

Lovely smooth paint-work - well done, Sir!! n/t

July 6th, 2011, 7:42 pm #9

Cheers,
Eric

That is really coming along. You are really doing that sucker justice. Keep posting!

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

July 8th, 2011, 1:58 am #10

Cheers,
Eric

What a beauty, Eric - I can see you're really putting a lot of effort into this build. Your painting and masking techniques are razor sharp - well done! I love the third photo the head-on shot. I can just see the props turning as this big bad bird bears down on some unfortunate shipping target! He just might make his bombing run and get away before the convoy launches its catapult-carried Hurricanes!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1;

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish