Comet model missles. Nostalgia question

Comet model missles. Nostalgia question

March 18th, 2012, 10:36 pm #1

Under fifty, don't bother reading this it's before your time. For us oldsters does anyone remember which missiles were issued by Comet and Strombecker. I think there was a Bomarc and a Regulus 2. Were there more and does anyone remember if there were other missiles, other than Revell, Renwal, Adams and Monogram, that may have been made way back in the 50"s and 60's I remember building the Bomarc and am not sure if there was a Regulus 2 or any others. I'm doing a Revell Snark reissue as a nostalgia build and am finding out you can't go back to ten years old again.

March 18th, 2012, 10:47 pm #2

I know Strombecker had a regulas and I think a Matador and/or Mace. I am sure they did a couple others. Revell, Adams, Aurora, Hawk, Ideal and Monogram also made rocket and missile kits.

You might want to get this fascinating book

March 18th, 2012, 10:57 pm #3

Under fifty, don't bother reading this it's before your time. For us oldsters does anyone remember which missiles were issued by Comet and Strombecker. I think there was a Bomarc and a Regulus 2. Were there more and does anyone remember if there were other missiles, other than Revell, Renwal, Adams and Monogram, that may have been made way back in the 50"s and 60's I remember building the Bomarc and am not sure if there was a Regulus 2 or any others. I'm doing a Revell Snark reissue as a nostalgia build and am finding out you can't go back to ten years old again.
It seems Revell, Auroa, Monogram and Comet did the Regulus 2. I'm sure they were box top scale.

March 18th, 2012, 11:03 pm #4

I know Strombecker had a regulas and I think a Matador and/or Mace. I am sure they did a couple others. Revell, Adams, Aurora, Hawk, Ideal and Monogram also made rocket and missile kits.

You might want to get this fascinating book

I appreciate it but I'm not that much into it to buy a book. The question is more like a trip down failing memory lane for semi-senile old coots like me.

March 18th, 2012, 11:16 pm #5

If you have ANY interest in model kit history and space/rockets/missile history then the book is worth while. It has every rocket and missile kit known to man and its just fun to look at all of the photos and descriptions of everything, especially from the 50s and 60s.

March 18th, 2012, 11:19 pm #6

It seems Revell, Auroa, Monogram and Comet did the Regulus 2. I'm sure they were box top scale.
nt

March 18th, 2012, 11:42 pm #7

In about 1959 when I was 5. Love to score a Bomarc. My dad worked for Bendix, builders of the Talos, so I always wanted to get one of those, too.

Jim Atkins
Twentynine Palms CA

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

March 19th, 2012, 12:16 am #8

nt
One with a launch platform and one with the typical Aurora display stand

March 19th, 2012, 12:43 am #9

Adams Vanguard, there was I think an Aurora Thor might have been Strombecker. I also believe that Monogram had a Rascal.

March 19th, 2012, 1:19 am #10

The Revell has been reissued a couple times, but not the Monogram AFAIK. It was molded in red, and it came on a trailer with a tractor molded in yellow. Hit the tires with a black Magic Marker and you had a hella shelf display (for a 7-year old). Revell(ogram), bring that one back!

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!