Colourcoats is back!

December 22nd, 2014, 1:19 am #1

Sovereign Hobbies Ltd of Aberdeen, Scotland has bought the existing stock of Colourcoats plus the rights to continue production with the manufacturer:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sovereig ... 2335451287

Give them some time to get things sorted out. I've offered my help, as I have all the original color data for the existing line, plus for colors we have in development.

That is wonderful news! This is great paint! Tnx 4 sharing n/t

December 22nd, 2014, 1:47 pm #2

That is wonderful news! This is great paint! Tnx 4 sharing n/t

OUTSTANDING!...

December 22nd, 2014, 5:02 pm #3

Sovereign Hobbies Ltd of Aberdeen, Scotland has bought the existing stock of Colourcoats plus the rights to continue production with the manufacturer:

Give them some time to get things sorted out. I've offered my help, as I have all the original color data for the existing line, plus for colors we have in development.
Great news John!

In a related vein I see Testors has a new range of ship paints

December 22nd, 2014, 11:10 pm #4

in their Model Master enamel series. Looks to be US, German, Japanese and maybe UK colors

Good News Indeed (now for the PE) n/t

December 23rd, 2014, 3:00 am #5

Good News Indeed (now for the PE) n/t

WEM PE

December 24th, 2014, 3:44 am #6

The stock of WEM kits & PE, the rights to continue production, and the brand name have been bought. Look for an announcement from the new owner soon.

It's not new...

December 24th, 2014, 3:50 am #7

in their Model Master enamel series. Looks to be US, German, Japanese and maybe UK colors
They've had it out for a couple of years now, but their support of it has been abysmal. I can't get any of them at my local hobby shop because none of their distributors will order them.
Tracy White
Researcher At Large

I know that but

January 2nd, 2015, 4:20 pm #8

It used to be Testors had the paints in their acrylic range and in a rack by itself. Now they are in the enamel series, which is all new. Plus I think some of the colors in the range now, were not in the old range. And, instead of being in their own rack, they are in the standard MM2 military rack with stuff like the Panzer colors, WW2 RAF colors, etc.

I used to sell the acrylics at my shop 10 years ago... they were poor sellers because no one knew they existed.

It seems these new shades were added in the last year or so, along with some modern German RAL shades, etc.

They have both Enamel and Acrylic

January 2nd, 2015, 4:26 pm #9

They have most of the colors in both formulas, but not all of them.

Gah - I was going to link a few of them here but they changed their website in a bad way.
Tracy White
Researcher At Large

yeah their web site is bad

January 3rd, 2015, 2:14 am #10

I had found some of the new colors on Tower Hobbies just by chance, but it was cool to see htem in a store for once. My LHS doesnt have them because they are too stupid to update their color strips (so they have lots of empty slots for different, discontinued, shades).