Color Info for Burmese Spitfires?

Color Info for Burmese Spitfires?

June 25th, 2012, 6:35 pm #1

What colors would camouflaged Burmese Spitfires be? I'm thinking Dark Earth & Dark Green over Azure Blue. Any thoughts or color photos? I did a search on Google Images for Burmese Air Force Spitfires and came up with a lot of RAF photos, and some profiles, but that's about it so far. I know that they came from Israel, but I'm sure they were refurbished in something that wasn't a desert-type scheme.

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"In this modern world of ours that spins as fast as these propellers do, if a man can cook, or fly, or play the guitar, he will be happy and never go hungry." "Where's Joe Merchant" Jimmy Buffet ©1992
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

June 25th, 2012, 6:40 pm #2

I have never heard about camouflaged Burmese Spitfires.

Saluti

Giampiero

June 25th, 2012, 7:28 pm #3

What colors would camouflaged Burmese Spitfires be? I'm thinking Dark Earth & Dark Green over Azure Blue. Any thoughts or color photos? I did a search on Google Images for Burmese Air Force Spitfires and came up with a lot of RAF photos, and some profiles, but that's about it so far. I know that they came from Israel, but I'm sure they were refurbished in something that wasn't a desert-type scheme.

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"In this modern world of ours that spins as fast as these propellers do, if a man can cook, or fly, or play the guitar, he will be happy and never go hungry." "Where's Joe Merchant" Jimmy Buffet ©1992
Israel sold Burma 30 Spitfire Mk. IXs in 1954. These aircraft were overhauled and repainted in Israel and ferried to Burma.

Museum piece.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming
Last edited by modeldad on June 25th, 2012, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 25th, 2012, 7:56 pm #4

Thank you, Sir! n/t
Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

June 26th, 2012, 2:14 am #5

Israel sold Burma 30 Spitfire Mk. IXs in 1954. These aircraft were overhauled and repainted in Israel and ferried to Burma.

Museum piece.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
that in the second to last photo. She's dresses like a pilot but with High Heels! Can's say I've seen that combo often. cheers, Len

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!
Last edited by neoteepo on June 26th, 2012, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 26th, 2012, 8:04 am #6

LL. George, out...........

June 26th, 2012, 11:09 am #7

jlkj

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

June 26th, 2012, 12:34 pm #8

that in the second to last photo. She's dresses like a pilot but with High Heels! Can's say I've seen that combo often. cheers, Len

BUY THIS BOOK

June 26th, 2012, 1:23 pm #9

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

June 26th, 2012, 5:18 pm #10

uh...you don't wear those do ya??? lol, cheers, LL