Cold War Warriors

Cold War Warriors

March 1st, 2012, 10:51 pm #1

Some more of the 50-year-old attic finds, reflecting a few of the bombers of the Cold War era. The Convair B-36 and the Boeing B-47 and B-52 didn't include landing gear in their kits which was why at the time I built the Russian IL-32 Badger with gear up to match the other U.S. bombers. All models are by Revell.

Thanks for looking...

Convair B-36 Peacemaker

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Boeing B-47 Stratojet

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Boeing B-52 Stratofortress

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Martin B-57 Night Intruder

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

IL-38 Bison

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

March 2nd, 2012, 1:37 am #2

...from a sometimes-frightening era. I can remember on a Friday morning during the Cuban Missile Crisis the nun who conducted my 6th grade class ordering us from our desks, down onto the hard tile floor on our knees to pray the rosary "...so that there might not be war today...". And she wasn't kidding.
--Bill

March 2nd, 2012, 2:47 am #3

Some more of the 50-year-old attic finds, reflecting a few of the bombers of the Cold War era. The Convair B-36 and the Boeing B-47 and B-52 didn't include landing gear in their kits which was why at the time I built the Russian IL-32 Badger with gear up to match the other U.S. bombers. All models are by Revell.

Thanks for looking...

Convair B-36 Peacemaker

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Boeing B-47 Stratojet

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

IL-38 Bison

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Thanks for the memory trip!

The B-47 was the first model I ever built. I was 6 or 7 and my dad brought it and the B-36 home for me.

The B-36 was the first model I ever painted. My dad had a set of the small Testors bottles and I was given a choice of picking one color; red, yellow, blue, or black. The B-36 was painted all black.

Maybe that is why I'm such a nightfighter fan these days!

Dave

March 2nd, 2012, 4:47 am #4

Thanks for looking...

Convair B-36 Peacemaker

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Boeing B-47 Stratojet

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

IL-38 Bison

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I loved it...all the best.

March 2nd, 2012, 10:57 am #5

Thanks for looking...

Convair B-36 Peacemaker

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Boeing B-47 Stratojet

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

IL-38 Bison

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great builds of great old kits! The Soviet bomber, however, is the Myasishchev M-4 "Molot" (Hammer) NATO reporting name "Bison". I remember building one as a kid and have hoped Revell would see fit to re-issue the kit one day soon. It would be great to see their B-36 and B-47 again, too. Really takes me back!

March 2nd, 2012, 4:56 pm #6

nt