Cloudflare

Cloudflare

April 16th, 2012, 9:07 am #1

What the heck does it mean ! It seems to be more frequent on Hyperscale and Missing Lynx forums of late.

April 16th, 2012, 9:37 am #2

Hmmm, I've never heard anyone else say anything about it.

April 16th, 2012, 10:00 am #3

It's like a 404 error n/t

April 16th, 2012, 12:26 pm #4

What the heck does it mean ! It seems to be more frequent on Hyperscale and Missing Lynx forums of late.
I was getting the 'Cloudfare' error message very frequently up until a week or so ago but now it seems to have gone away. Odd...

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

April 16th, 2012, 1:33 pm #5

it's become less frequent for me, perhaps one in every 30 page clicks. But not gone entirely.

and I access from several different ISP's throughout the day and from a mobile network.

April 16th, 2012, 4:29 pm #6

OK, this interweb stuff is my business too and a little googling turns this up:

https://www.cloudflare.com/overview

N54 or more accurately their host, uses Cloudflare to filter who can access their website and how.

Note that the error message is returned from a remote host. It is not generated by your browser, your ISP or your ISP's proxy if it has one.

Simplisticly, you ask for the web page and you are told by the provider "I can't give it to you". The provider is returning a web page, just not the one you asked for.

Cloudflare uses some proprietary method of controlling access. It is there that the problem lies.

April 16th, 2012, 4:38 pm #7

My knowledge is more development and programming based than pure network tech but having jumped through a few hoops everything I've seen seems to come down to Cloudflares routers somewhere, the trouble is that as they've got 'data-centers' all over the world I've no idea where or why the error page is being returned.

Is it due to a blocked IP range thats being referenced incorrectly or a corrupt address table, a failing router or even a rodent chewing on a network cable somewhere?

I'm pretty much done with the whole thing, I've seen the problem first hand for the first time today, never before, frankly I can't see what some people are getting thier panties all wadded up about, I click refresh and it goes away... Nobodys perfect, not even the Internet!

April 16th, 2012, 5:10 pm #8

OK, this interweb stuff is my business too and a little googling turns this up:

https://www.cloudflare.com/overview

N54 or more accurately their host, uses Cloudflare to filter who can access their website and how.

Note that the error message is returned from a remote host. It is not generated by your browser, your ISP or your ISP's proxy if it has one.

Simplisticly, you ask for the web page and you are told by the provider "I can't give it to you". The provider is returning a web page, just not the one you asked for.

Cloudflare uses some proprietary method of controlling access. It is there that the problem lies.
nt

April 16th, 2012, 5:17 pm #9

My knowledge is more development and programming based than pure network tech but having jumped through a few hoops everything I've seen seems to come down to Cloudflares routers somewhere, the trouble is that as they've got 'data-centers' all over the world I've no idea where or why the error page is being returned.

Is it due to a blocked IP range thats being referenced incorrectly or a corrupt address table, a failing router or even a rodent chewing on a network cable somewhere?

I'm pretty much done with the whole thing, I've seen the problem first hand for the first time today, never before, frankly I can't see what some people are getting thier panties all wadded up about, I click refresh and it goes away... Nobodys perfect, not even the Internet!
n/t

Charles Metz

-----------

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been.

April 16th, 2012, 6:46 pm #10

nt
I'm telling ya, it's Tom Cruise in the mothership jamming the internet! n/t