classic airframes Jules Bringuer

classic airframes Jules Bringuer

February 14th, 2018, 6:27 pm #1

Hi , I am wondering if it is possible to still contact Classic Airframes of Chicago, run by Jules Bringuer ( apologies if incorrect). My purpose is to seek some spare parts for a Classic kit. Any advice from America would be gratefully received. Thanks for looking. Alan F. Smith

What kit?

February 14th, 2018, 6:31 pm #2

Classic Airframes is no longer operating, but if you indicate what kit or parts you're looking for, maybe some of us can help.

ResinPrince
ResinPrince

Short answer is no

February 14th, 2018, 6:34 pm #3

Hi , I am wondering if it is possible to still contact Classic Airframes of Chicago, run by Jules Bringuer ( apologies if incorrect). My purpose is to seek some spare parts for a Classic kit. Any advice from America would be gratefully received. Thanks for looking. Alan F. Smith
The kits made by Classic Airframes are not and were not like a Tamiya or Hasegawa kit. No spare parts. Jules closed Classic Airframes down years ago and is now retired and living in Florida. At least he was when I last spoke with him a few years back. I believe he has sold any extant molds to another in the EU .

Mike
Last edited by Guest on February 14th, 2018, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What kit? And NO. He has been out of the business for years, and sold all the kits.

February 14th, 2018, 6:43 pm #4

What kit? And NO. He has been out of the business for years, and sold all the kits.
Steven “Modeldad” Eisenman

I really don't care, do U?

Zu Asche zu Staub

Depending on the kit

February 14th, 2018, 7:38 pm #5

some of the molds have been sold to Academy like the TBF P-51b,B-25B/G. you might be able to get parts from them
Last edited by Mark in AZ on February 14th, 2018, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Special Hobby has the existing molds now. nt

February 14th, 2018, 7:38 pm #6

J
Last edited by HubPlott on February 14th, 2018, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!

But not all. Don't think they have the Sword made molds.

February 14th, 2018, 7:45 pm #7

Steven “Modeldad” Eisenman

I really don't care, do U?

Zu Asche zu Staub

Accurate Miniatures

February 14th, 2018, 8:00 pm #8

some of the molds have been sold to Academy like the TBF P-51b,B-25B/G. you might be able to get parts from them
Hi Mark,

I think you're thinking of Accurate Minuiatures, not Classic Airframes.

Bye for now,

Brett

Possibly correct.

February 14th, 2018, 8:05 pm #9

At the 2016 Nats he just said he was selling it all so I took it as said.
Last edited by HubPlott on February 14th, 2018, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!

No and even if they were still in business

February 14th, 2018, 9:19 pm #10

It seemed that they did not have a lot of spares, especially resin parts. THey planned on X kits and had X sets of parts and that was it. You might have been able to get a new vacufomred canopy or something simple, but that is it. Plus, they have been out of business for what, a decade?