ChuckW

March 20th, 2017, 5:44 pm #1

Been away for the last several months and I am trying to catch up. Has anyone seen a posting from ChuckW lately? The last one I think I remember was sometime early last year. He was working on a MiG-21???

Haven't seen hide nor hair of him in some three months. nt

March 20th, 2017, 5:57 pm #2

Haven't seen hide nor hair of him in some three months. nt

Last I heard he was busy with his real job.

March 20th, 2017, 6:02 pm #3

Been away for the last several months and I am trying to catch up. Has anyone seen a posting from ChuckW lately? The last one I think I remember was sometime early last year. He was working on a MiG-21???
I have bookmarked his blog. There isn't new posted on his blog. Did hear that he was doing an article for magazine. But that may just be a Internet rumor...

He posted a response..

March 20th, 2017, 6:05 pm #4

to a build, or something, very recently. Like you was wondering where he'd gone. Saw his name on the post and determined he must be busy with that "life" thing for now. At least we know he's still popping in from time to time.

Cheers,
Dave

Still alive, thanks!

March 20th, 2017, 6:31 pm #5

Thanks guys! I'm still living, still holding this island in a deadly grip of fear!

The rumors are true- I'm put the MiG aside to work on an article for TMMI- It's a build that I just couldn't say no to, and is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Let's just say that I've been going through a lot of styrene stock, brass rod and solder.

Other than that, my freelance work always swoops in the take me away from the bench. I've also been doing a lot of DIY work around the house- it saves a lot of money, and finding contractors to do work on an island is a never-ending search- best to roll up your sleeves and get down to it. YouTube makes just about anything do-able.

I may take a few days to revisit the MiG- I've been missing Captain Andreea' visits myself. Stay tuned- and cheers!
chuk

You live on an island? COOL.............nt

March 20th, 2017, 8:25 pm #6

You live on an island? COOL.............nt
Remember the USS Liberty

He's alive!!

March 20th, 2017, 10:48 pm #7

Thanks guys! I'm still living, still holding this island in a deadly grip of fear!

The rumors are true- I'm put the MiG aside to work on an article for TMMI- It's a build that I just couldn't say no to, and is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Let's just say that I've been going through a lot of styrene stock, brass rod and solder.

Other than that, my freelance work always swoops in the take me away from the bench. I've also been doing a lot of DIY work around the house- it saves a lot of money, and finding contractors to do work on an island is a never-ending search- best to roll up your sleeves and get down to it. YouTube makes just about anything do-able.

I may take a few days to revisit the MiG- I've been missing Captain Andreea' visits myself. Stay tuned- and cheers!
chuk
Good to see you still around chuk. Your tape was recently featured in the BPK CRJ200 to CRJ705 I'm building on the other place. It's coming along well, had to scratchbuild two fuselage plugs, new wings, new horizontal stab, new engine exhaust cones and a new lower wing fairing. Other than that it's straight out of the box.
Last edited by 0054 on March 20th, 2017, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glad to hear that you are okay.

March 21st, 2017, 12:00 am #8

chuk
Glad to hear that you are okay.

Would that be Whidbey Island?

March 21st, 2017, 12:01 am #9

chuk
I had some Navy buddies that got stationed out there. They loved it. Glad to hear your still kicking. Looking forward to see what you have done with the Mig..

It is Whidbey!

March 22nd, 2017, 5:35 pm #10

chuk
My wife and I are fine- thanks so much for your concern. Moving never gets any easier, but we're in stride now. There are some great modelers here and in the surrounding areas- BradinOakHarbor, Roy Schlicht, Shawn Gehling, Terry Moore, Jon Farrely and Lee Mitcheltree to name just a few.

Jim, I had to look that alphabet up, but it sounds like a real project!

Gary, I haven't touched that poor MiG in months, but I think you'll enjoy my current project.

Cheers, all!

Last edited by chukw on March 22nd, 2017, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.