Christmas break over, back to the Riley Heron

Christmas break over, back to the Riley Heron

January 5th, 2012, 1:37 am #1

Well I got back from Melbourne yesterday and, even though I went through the garage / workshop, did not look at the Heron about which I had been pondering during the christmas break. This morning, with dread and reluctance I went to it, gave it a bit of a wet sand, filled a hole a had missed and here she is ready for her umpteenth remask and spray job
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Crikey I hope it turns out worth the effort.. sigh a few fun hours of masking ahead of me

sick of this... I just want to start something new!
Last edited by cac_sabre on January 5th, 2012, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2012, 3:39 am #2

one color.... think one color (not silver)...

By the way, the plane is looking great...

January 5th, 2012, 4:25 am #3

converting this

[/IMG]
to this

[/IMG]
I must be nuts
Last edited by cac_sabre on January 5th, 2012, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2012, 5:41 am #4

Epic John Wayne quotation.

January 5th, 2012, 12:36 pm #5

Well I got back from Melbourne yesterday and, even though I went through the garage / workshop, did not look at the Heron about which I had been pondering during the christmas break. This morning, with dread and reluctance I went to it, gave it a bit of a wet sand, filled a hole a had missed and here she is ready for her umpteenth remask and spray job
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Crikey I hope it turns out worth the effort.. sigh a few fun hours of masking ahead of me

C'mon, you ll get plenty of satisfaction from your Heron ;-) nt

January 5th, 2012, 1:02 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

It's almost there and it's aiming to be a real beauty! I do sympathize, though, with the feeling of getting stale on a build and wanting to move on--that's the case with just about every one of mine. Perseverance!

Stuart

January 5th, 2012, 2:05 pm #7

converting this

[/IMG]
to this

[/IMG]
I must be nuts
That's some serious conversion, changing the number of engines as well. A number of words are flashing through my mind: brave, ambitious, entertaining .... crazy!

Er, how did that last one sneak in there?

Thanks for sharing these builds with us,
Adrian

January 6th, 2012, 1:00 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

January 6th, 2012, 8:39 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Two days of half hearted sanding polishing masking, touch of silver bits and re-do of white

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I'll mask up the cheat lines tomorrow
Last edited by cac_sabre on January 6th, 2012, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 6th, 2012, 8:44 am #10

That's some serious conversion, changing the number of engines as well. A number of words are flashing through my mind: brave, ambitious, entertaining .... crazy!

Er, how did that last one sneak in there?

Thanks for sharing these builds with us,
Adrian
Hi Adrian, other than the two engines the wing and undercarriage is virtually identical with only some wingtip extension required.

The nose wheel bay stays in the same place so I just have to build up a nose. The windcreen as is is suitable for early model Barons, the tail and dorsal spine shouldnt be too hard..

the biggest deal will be making and fitting the engines at least there are only 2!
Last edited by cac_sabre on January 6th, 2012, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.