Check out Don Hinton's Jet Provost T.3 on What's New

Check out Don Hinton's Jet Provost T.3 on What's New

April 29th, 2011, 10:59 am #1

How in the world does one do such beautiful work in such small scale!!
Looks real!!

Attaboy, Don!!

Bo

April 29th, 2011, 9:26 pm #2

...Especially since it suggests a better way to get to the Mk.3 than the Airfix kit. (Not that the Airfix kit is bad, but, hey...)

--Chris (http://obscureco.wordpress.com)
Duh-jà vu: When people write about stuff like it's new, but for years we've all known it's fact. --Chris Hoff

April 30th, 2011, 3:55 am #3

Looks real!!

Attaboy, Don!!

Bo
nm

April 30th, 2011, 8:22 am #4

Looks real!!

Attaboy, Don!!

Bo
I guess I got lucky with my bad 20/400 distant vision--the only distance I can see very well is right in front of my face and up to almost touching my nose. Comes in handy for braille-scale! Even at 49 my close-up vision is still the same as when I was young, which is great as I have always loved 1/72.

Thanks, Bo!

Don

April 30th, 2011, 8:26 am #5

...Especially since it suggests a better way to get to the Mk.3 than the Airfix kit. (Not that the Airfix kit is bad, but, hey...)

Duh-jà vu: When people write about stuff like it's new, but for years we've all known it's fact. --Chris Hoff
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your comments, that means a lot coming from such an incredible modeler as you--I've always considered you, Roy Southerland and Steve Hustad the best in the US in 1/72.

FYI, I screwed up the dorsal fin on the JP, I cut and attached it too short--it should extend further up the fuselage almost to the next panel line. My bad.

And, looking at the pictures I realized I forgot to paint the red anti-collision light on top of the fuselage!

Cheers,
Don

April 30th, 2011, 3:11 pm #6

I guess I got lucky with my bad 20/400 distant vision--the only distance I can see very well is right in front of my face and up to almost touching my nose. Comes in handy for braille-scale! Even at 49 my close-up vision is still the same as when I was young, which is great as I have always loved 1/72.

Thanks, Bo!

Don
Lovely model, Don..... you have 1/72 scale down pat!

May 6th, 2011, 2:43 pm #7

Depends which Airfix kit! The mk 3 is ancient and 'orrible!