Change of Command

Change of Command

May 29th, 2012, 11:10 pm #1

I had the privilege this last Saturday to attend the Change of Command for the USS Decatur, DDG73. The big kick was my kid becoming the new Captain. Fair winds and following seas to the Decatur and all who sail aboard her.

John

May 29th, 2012, 11:21 pm #2

I recall you posting about this event last fall or winter. Yer kid done REAL good!

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

May 30th, 2012, 12:12 am #3

I had the privilege this last Saturday to attend the Change of Command for the USS Decatur, DDG73. The big kick was my kid becoming the new Captain. Fair winds and following seas to the Decatur and all who sail aboard her.

John
Navy family here. My Dad was on the Cassin at Pearl Dec 7th. (what a story) and served out the war in the Pacific on the Bagly, 11 battle stars. And my Brother served on DDG-9 during Viet Nam, (more good stories).

You must be very proud of Him.

I wish Him well, and God Speed.

California Steve

P.S. "Him" recieved capital letters because of rank.

May 30th, 2012, 12:48 am #4

John
;lkj;lk

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

May 30th, 2012, 1:26 am #5

I recall you posting about this event last fall or winter. Yer kid done REAL good!

I sure hope he remembers that the pointy end goes forward.

May 30th, 2012, 1:26 am #6

Navy family here. My Dad was on the Cassin at Pearl Dec 7th. (what a story) and served out the war in the Pacific on the Bagly, 11 battle stars. And my Brother served on DDG-9 during Viet Nam, (more good stories).

You must be very proud of Him.

I wish Him well, and God Speed.

California Steve

P.S. "Him" recieved capital letters because of rank.
Thanks for your kind words and for sharing the memory of your dad.

May 30th, 2012, 1:28 am #7

;lkj;lk

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!
16 years ago when he graduated near the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy it was hard to see this one coming. He is the first in his year group to get command and will be the most junior skipper on the waterfront for his entire tour. He is headed back into harms way for the 7th time.

JOhn

May 30th, 2012, 2:02 am #8

but total game changers in the REAL world. Godspeed to your son and his crew; I'm even proud of him! cheers, LL

May 30th, 2012, 2:21 am #9

I sure hope he remembers that the pointy end goes forward.
no drag racing with the other destroyers and cruisers.....

May 30th, 2012, 11:01 am #10

but total game changers in the REAL world. Godspeed to your son and his crew; I'm even proud of him! cheers, LL

I will pass along the good wishes of all.