By bye Moskit...Hello Rex....

By bye Moskit...Hello Rex....

June 17th, 2012, 12:27 pm #1

Looks like we'll have a new series of metal exhausts...sorry if it's been posted before!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Messerschmitt-B ... 3a75ef04af

June 17th, 2012, 2:04 pm #2

http://armory.in.ua/index.php?manufactu ... anguage=en

Hub

Any day above ground is a good one!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!

June 17th, 2012, 4:10 pm #3

...what the hell does "galvanically grown" mean? If it's a play on "organically grown", well...not bad...it's funny...

June 17th, 2012, 4:20 pm #4

"galvanically GROWED"! (look again) LOL, cheers, LL.

PS: I'm with you; what the hell is "Gavanically Grown"???

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

June 17th, 2012, 4:30 pm #5

they have Galvanic protection on the hull or other parts in the water. Helps lessen the effects of the salt water.
Maybe some sort of Alchemy where they grow the parts in a bowl of salt water? Like those crystal things they used to advertise on the back of comic books in the 50s and 60s?

Mike

June 17th, 2012, 4:36 pm #6

....well, if I planned on immersing my model aircraft in salt water for long periods of time, I guess I could see that the galvanizing process could come in handy, lol...a diorama of a downed aircraft in the drink, using REAL salt-water...I wonder if judges would award me extra points for the realism...

June 17th, 2012, 4:50 pm #7

they have Galvanic protection on the hull or other parts in the water. Helps lessen the effects of the salt water.
Maybe some sort of Alchemy where they grow the parts in a bowl of salt water? Like those crystal things they used to advertise on the back of comic books in the 50s and 60s?

Mike
if they are as cool as MOSKIT they definitely got a customer in me. You do realize that I was just making fun of the "ENGRISH" right? Cheers, Len

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

June 17th, 2012, 5:44 pm #8

...what the hell does "galvanically grown" mean? If it's a play on "organically grown", well...not bad...it's funny...
f

L'avion accuse ... Le Corbusier

June 17th, 2012, 6:21 pm #9

if they are as cool as MOSKIT they definitely got a customer in me. You do realize that I was just making fun of the "ENGRISH" right? Cheers, Len

+1 here!AFAIC they can even make them out of ground spaghetti,grated Parmisan cheese or borocyllate cosmium 16...they're so nice that I'm going to order a few sets in short order!
Cheers

June 17th, 2012, 7:28 pm #10

they electro-plate some sort of substrate with the metal. Then the substrate is removed, leaving the metal shell. The substrate could be a special electrically-conductive wax or lower-temperature melting point metal that can is melted away after the part is formed.
Last edited by barrowb98 on June 17th, 2012, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.