Burnt Offerings to the Carpet Monster --

Burnt Offerings to the Carpet Monster --

April 10th, 2012, 12:09 am #1

Fellow Modelers --

I implore your help in appeasing the Carpet Monster !! It jumped six feet from the floor to the top of my paint booth, dragging my 1/72 Pax River Blue Angel back with it.

In this seizure, the starboard stabilator was devoured ... i have searched naked eye and with flashlight all over the floor, behind the display case, under the air compressor, etc -- and even carefullly inspected the ceiling ... to no avail.

Since burnt plastic is a pleasing aroma to the Carpet Monster, will all of you please sacrifice one-tenth of your best suplus sprue for the return of my stabilator. Perhaps in three days, like the whale spit Jonah out, my stabilator will reappear !! Thank you for your special help, George

April 10th, 2012, 1:07 am #2

Feeding 1 won't help....the rest of the pack will sense fear and pounce!!!

April 10th, 2012, 1:10 am #3

Fellow Modelers --

I implore your help in appeasing the Carpet Monster !! It jumped six feet from the floor to the top of my paint booth, dragging my 1/72 Pax River Blue Angel back with it.

In this seizure, the starboard stabilator was devoured ... i have searched naked eye and with flashlight all over the floor, behind the display case, under the air compressor, etc -- and even carefullly inspected the ceiling ... to no avail.

Since burnt plastic is a pleasing aroma to the Carpet Monster, will all of you please sacrifice one-tenth of your best suplus sprue for the return of my stabilator. Perhaps in three days, like the whale spit Jonah out, my stabilator will reappear !! Thank you for your special help, George
Go back to the scene of the disappearance and intently look for something else. The stabilator will magically reappear before your eyes. Amazing. It'll be like it was right there all the time (which it was/is).

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

April 10th, 2012, 1:27 am #4

Fellow Modelers --

My Paw showed me this one. When you drop a nut or bolt or (part) on the ground, find a identical part (port side) and lay it at your feet. Your eye will pop to the same shape within about a five foot diamater. We easily loose perspective of scale. Soooo, rip off the port side and tell me I am wrong!

If your carpet monster is a mean one, you are on your own.

California Steve

April 10th, 2012, 2:56 am #5

r

April 10th, 2012, 3:19 am #6

Fellow Modelers --

r

April 10th, 2012, 3:48 am #7

Fellow Modelers --

I have vinyl flooring and I still lose stuff. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

April 10th, 2012, 3:55 am #8

r
A whole roll of old but new tri-color blue shage rug to this guy for his Man Room.

George?...........................

Ha! Ha!,

California Steve

April 10th, 2012, 4:01 am #9

Fellow Modelers --

Scratch-build a replacement.

After fitting this part you will then find the original sitting on top of a bottle of paint or reference book you have not used for a while.

You reached for this color or text because you realized it might be pertinent to the model you are working on.

April 10th, 2012, 4:10 am #10

Fellow Modelers --

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -