Brett- this Website unavailable thing

Brett- this Website unavailable thing

March 29th, 2012, 7:02 pm #1

-starting to really get to me now- is there a fix?

Best regards as ever

Rich

March 29th, 2012, 7:21 pm #2

about a week ago, or on the weekend, but since then I've seen several people posting about it and haven't had any occurrences, other than a couple of "blank pages" that stopped loading.

bob
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

March 29th, 2012, 7:29 pm #3

Best regards as ever

Rich
The increased frequency of error messages has stolen my joy to the point where I find myself cringing involuntarily nearly every time I clink a link here. I love this website, but something needs to be done before frustration outweighs the fun -- which will happen soon, for me at least, given the recent trend. That's not a threat, by the way ... merely an observation.

A datapoint for Brett: I was forced to endure and recover from three "Website Currently Unavailable" messages while previewing and editing this reply.

Charles Metz

-----------

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been.

March 29th, 2012, 8:05 pm #4

Using Firefox.

Cheers, Brent
Dysfunctional Model Savant
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just a earth-bound misfit,I"
Just another tongue tied twisted earth bound misfit.

March 29th, 2012, 8:11 pm #5

Best regards as ever

Rich
Hi Rich,

I saw this "Unavailable" page a few times late last year but haven't since.

I suspect that it may have to do with congestion, and the busiest hours are the middle of the American day when I am away from my desk.

I'll raise the issue with Network 54 and see what they have to say.

I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Bye for now,

Brett

Brett Green - Editor
HyperScale
http://www.hyperscale.com

March 29th, 2012, 8:19 pm #6

-and you don't need to apologise at all!

But it's been getting worse and worse over the last few weeks, which is odd since it never once happened to me in the previous 10 years of browsing here.

Be interesting to know exactly why it is happening!

March 29th, 2012, 8:25 pm #7

The increased frequency of error messages has stolen my joy to the point where I find myself cringing involuntarily nearly every time I clink a link here. I love this website, but something needs to be done before frustration outweighs the fun -- which will happen soon, for me at least, given the recent trend. That's not a threat, by the way ... merely an observation.

A datapoint for Brett: I was forced to endure and recover from three "Website Currently Unavailable" messages while previewing and editing this reply.

Charles Metz

-----------

Lately it occurs to me
http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/m ... sence+IMHO...

He who dies with the most toys wins!!

March 29th, 2012, 8:26 pm #8

Charles Metz

-----------

Lately it occurs to me
...and then makes TWO of them! Sorry, goin' elsewhere till this gets cleaned up - life's too short!
Last edited by NormInToronto on March 29th, 2012, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 29th, 2012, 8:34 pm #9

Best regards as ever

Rich
Whatever it is or was, it's been 100% clear sailing on my end for over a week. 

March 29th, 2012, 8:39 pm #10

Hi Rich,

I saw this "Unavailable" page a few times late last year but haven't since.

I suspect that it may have to do with congestion, and the busiest hours are the middle of the American day when I am away from my desk.

I'll raise the issue with Network 54 and see what they have to say.

I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Bye for now,

Brett

Brett Green - Editor
HyperScale
http://www.hyperscale.com
I didn't notice any particular trend- I am often on at 4am US East Coast time. But as I said in the other post, this hasn't happened to me personally for several days now, while for a couple days there (Fri/Sat?) it was getting really bad, after a couple of weeks of just being annoying.

bob
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know