Brasilia on the final straight

Brasilia on the final straight

April 8th, 2012, 12:42 am #1

After leaving the grey enamel for weeks to fully cure (I could smell thinner coming off it for weeks after painting!)

I finally shot the silver control surfaces and the deicer leading edges (hours of masking fun there)
[/img]
[/img]

April 8th, 2012, 5:04 am #2

It looks unbelievably real! Awesome job, can't wait until you post the finished pics

April 8th, 2012, 8:07 am #3

After leaving the grey enamel for weeks to fully cure (I could smell thinner coming off it for weeks after painting!)

I finally shot the silver control surfaces and the deicer leading edges (hours of masking fun there)
[/img]
[/img]
This looks like another one of your gems in the making.

Stuart

April 8th, 2012, 5:15 pm #4

[/img]
[/img]
Alclad?

April 9th, 2012, 12:55 am #5

had some dramas with this,
I experimented using Krylon black out of the can as a base for the alclad but stuffed it up..had to strip it and start again..new set of masks etc..!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

April 9th, 2012, 12:46 pm #6

[/img]
[/img]
I finished designing and printing the decals for this today, like an idiot I forgot I had to print the tail fin logo on white paper so I resorted to putting some plain white decal paper cut to shape under the logo-bearing clear decal paper, these are a test fit and I almost had kittens removing the window masks on one side of the model.. they were stuck on hard and have left traces of glue residue I'll have to clean up.
The alclad shows up the fuselage title decal paper under this light (its right under my bench fluoro) but it should be ok under normal light
[/img]
[/img]

April 10th, 2012, 7:36 pm #8

[/img]
[/img]
One doesnt get the opportunity to use teal green very often.

April 11th, 2012, 12:27 am #9

[/img]
[/img]
I am so scared of touching this bloody thing I dont know when I am going to finish it! The thought of fitting the small antennae, strakes, undercarriage and whatnot have me in a blue funk!
plus I forgot to design and print escape hatch outlines, eyebrow and nose gear door rego marks, so I have to print off another decal sheet.
[/img]

April 15th, 2012, 2:24 pm #10

I can understand your reluctance to touch it - do you maby have soft gloves, allthough gloves will not make it easier attaching very small parts

Great work again Wally - this will be fabulous to see when finished

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - Bolton Paul Balliol T.2 : Part I - Part II - Part III/End
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God