Big Red Halifax almost there!!

Big Red Halifax almost there!!

June 28th, 2012, 12:51 pm #1

Hi all - Back to the Halifaxes and Red Eagle is starting to look the part - all engines, props and undercart are on - just needs the interior bits and transparencies to be done, a protective coat of Future ( She was quite glossy in real life), the intakes over the engines need a paint and the heater tubes attached to the exhausts and the control rods for the elevators and I'll call her DONE!! The decals had to be painted over almost entirely with white as they cracked all over the shop but, hey, the one metre rule OK?

Hope you like it. . on to the Firefly soon . . promise Danni!!

June 28th, 2012, 1:52 pm #2

June 28th, 2012, 3:06 pm #3

and it really looks the part.

Got one in the stash-still deliberating over blue, grey or red.

June 28th, 2012, 5:13 pm #4

Hi all - Back to the Halifaxes and Red Eagle is starting to look the part - all engines, props and undercart are on - just needs the interior bits and transparencies to be done, a protective coat of Future ( She was quite glossy in real life), the intakes over the engines need a paint and the heater tubes attached to the exhausts and the control rods for the elevators and I'll call her DONE!! The decals had to be painted over almost entirely with white as they cracked all over the shop but, hey, the one metre rule OK?

Real good looking model.

June 28th, 2012, 6:06 pm #5

...is really going to stand out in a crowd, Graham! Good job on the paintwork - nice, smooth finish there!
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

Firefly Makeover Pt1

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3; Postwar RCAF Pt. 4

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs; Matilda Makeover; The Big Spit Finish; Me109 Finish; Vickers Tank Finish; Connies Finish

June 28th, 2012, 6:06 pm #6

n/t

June 28th, 2012, 7:32 pm #7

I am in awe. That is Big Boy modelling as its best. Bravo. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
Last edited by CSMO on June 28th, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 28th, 2012, 9:34 pm #8

Lovely build.

Stu

"How often do you guys go on a bender ?
This isn't a bender, this is night time!"

Air America

June 29th, 2012, 12:59 am #9

Lovely job on the red paint; that really looks great!

Stuart

June 29th, 2012, 6:33 am #10

loud...... All kidding aside... looking fabulous, nice even looking paint finish. Now only if Bomber Command had all their bombers painted in this colour... the Luftwaffe would have been lost for words.

regards

Simon