BCS "championship"

BCS "championship"

January 10th, 2012, 4:02 am #1

This is the worst and most boring BCS "championship" game I've ever seen. Is one or two touchdowns too much to ask? Horrible offensive play. Neither team has any spark ... bad passing ... dropped passes ... poor blocking ... This game stinks on ice.

I think there's a "Murder She Wrote" rerun on another channel to watch. It certainly would be more exciting.

Are they ever going to dump the BCS and go with a playoff? Probably not.

Kent

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

January 10th, 2012, 4:08 am #2

Hate the BCS and the 'jockeying' involved. And too not much of a college FB fan. nt.

January 10th, 2012, 4:17 am #3

This is the worst and most boring BCS "championship" game I've ever seen. Is one or two touchdowns too much to ask? Horrible offensive play. Neither team has any spark ... bad passing ... dropped passes ... poor blocking ... This game stinks on ice.

I think there's a "Murder She Wrote" rerun on another channel to watch. It certainly would be more exciting.

Kent

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
...LSU should have taken the QB out in the forth quarter and tried to spark the O with Lee.

But I'm rooting for Alabama so I'm glad they didn't

January 10th, 2012, 4:22 am #4

Kent

It's like the NFL declaring: Uhhhhh, ok, this year the Super Bowl will be New Orleans vs. Baltimore, but we'll play these other games as well.

January 10th, 2012, 4:33 am #5

...LSU should have taken the QB out in the forth quarter and tried to spark the O with Lee.

But I'm rooting for Alabama so I'm glad they didn't

Kent

January 10th, 2012, 5:02 am #6

Kent

But you pretty much have to admit that the Ducks gave Auburn all they could handle last year in the championship, and gave us a hell of a game to watch to boot. I didn't sit through this year's edition, and now that I've seen the result, I'm damn glad I didn't!

Mike

January 10th, 2012, 12:49 pm #7

Pounded them like a cheap prom date...and to think that Alabama's defense is better than LSU's. The Ducks are good, but NO WHERE near this level of football. Oh, and a little tidbit about the game last year - Auburn had, what - the 60 something ranked defense?
As the supposed guru Kelley said, they have a different breed of atheletes.

Oh, and 6 in a row for the SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by yzfrider2001 on January 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 10th, 2012, 1:00 pm #8

Kent

Sound like a bitter fan...and just what team do you follow that deserves to be in there?

January 10th, 2012, 3:24 pm #9

Kent

like basketball best; don't seem to know outstanding football when it's being played. LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

January 10th, 2012, 4:43 pm #10

Hate the BCS and the 'jockeying' involved. And too not much of a college FB fan. nt.
I figured I'd give the game a shot- we're overrun with Va Tech people here in Hampton Roads, and I've never once watched more than 3 minutes of a college game because I just don't care enough about any single school to invest any time in it. I figured I'd give the national championship game a look though, because there's been so much breathless hype over the past few months regarding LSU that I sort of expected something approaching an interesting game.

What I got was an absolute dog's breakfast of stupid play-calling, idiotic indecision from a clearly rattled and overmatched quarterback, an offensive line consisting of three cardboard cutouts, a statue and a turnstile, and a seemingly endless series of 3-and-outs by LSU... the only drama in this game was whether the Alabama kicker was going to score or not. All credit to Alabama's defense, it's almost like they knew exactly where every LSU player was going to be at every point in the game, but for someone who's not an Alabama fan, or a college football fan in general, the game absolutely sucked. And to be honest, having to listen to Brent Musberger channel his inner Harry Caray in that flat monotone for the duration of the game was excruciating. One sample in particular, uttered as they were going to commercial: "Fear the Tide, Honey Badger." WTF? At least it wasn't Jon Gruden, I suppose, but still... knock it the hell off, Brent.

I'll stick with the NFL, thanks.

Lynn