Baseball Question...(for those who know more than I do) -

Baseball Question...(for those who know more than I do) -

June 27th, 2012, 4:20 am #1

I heard the announcers on MLB say (referring to inter league play), that next season "...every game will be 'inter league'..".

How can that be? I know that the Astros are gonna become an American league team, but that's not a big deal as far as inter league play goes, right?

My question is regarding that statement they made about "all" games are basically gonna be inter league. That doesn't make sense. Every game couldn't be inter league (could it)?
That would entail way too many match-ups and an almost impossible mathematical solution to every team playing every other team. Take Boston, for instance. Now, they play the Yankees, what? 16-18 times? They couldn't do that with the other "system" in effect.

I think it was Mitch Williams who said that he disagreed with what MLB is intending to do. He said he didn't think that a World Series contender should face their potential opponents during regular season play (personally, I don't see the harm in that in itself...it ain't like they don't already know each other's strengths & weaknesses).

Anyhow, am I misinterpreting something here? Just what DOES the league intend on doing in the way of restructuring the match-ups...?

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

June 27th, 2012, 5:27 am #2

nt

June 27th, 2012, 5:50 am #3

Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck !

June 27th, 2012, 5:53 am #4

June 27th, 2012, 6:02 am #5

I heard the announcers on MLB say (referring to inter league play), that next season "...every game will be 'inter league'..".

How can that be? I know that the Astros are gonna become an American league team, but that's not a big deal as far as inter league play goes, right?

My question is regarding that statement they made about "all" games are basically gonna be inter league. That doesn't make sense. Every game couldn't be inter league (could it)?
That would entail way too many match-ups and an almost impossible mathematical solution to every team playing every other team. Take Boston, for instance. Now, they play the Yankees, what? 16-18 times? They couldn't do that with the other "system" in effect.

I think it was Mitch Williams who said that he disagreed with what MLB is intending to do. He said he didn't think that a World Series contender should face their potential opponents during regular season play (personally, I don't see the harm in that in itself...it ain't like they don't already know each other's strengths & weaknesses).

Anyhow, am I misinterpreting something here? Just what DOES the league intend on doing in the way of restructuring the match-ups...?

Since next season there will be 15 teams in each league, if you have a full schedule of games in a day, (at least) one game will have a team from each league. So what they should have said was that every day will have an inter-league game.

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

June 27th, 2012, 6:19 am #6

May/June. They chg'd over the yrs to May-July, etc. Next yr there will be interleague games througout the whole season, not just May-July. The MBL season opener could be one!

I don't thnk I'll like it but we'll see. I prefer the old 'only a few in June' way. I'd really rather not have AL vs NL until the World Series, or Spring Training games. But they are very popular w/ most fans.
Last edited by bookmark460 on June 27th, 2012, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 27th, 2012, 1:30 pm #7

Sorry, but I couldn't pass this one. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

June 27th, 2012, 2:41 pm #8

May/June. They chg'd over the yrs to May-July, etc. Next yr there will be interleague games througout the whole season, not just May-July. The MBL season opener could be one!

I don't thnk I'll like it but we'll see. I prefer the old 'only a few in June' way. I'd really rather not have AL vs NL until the World Series, or Spring Training games. But they are very popular w/ most fans.
The interleague rival games rake in a ton of dough, they need it to pay A Rod and Sabathia their outrageous contracts.
I mean come on, who needs 162 million dollars? Like they wouldn't take less?

Owen

June 27th, 2012, 3:23 pm #9

Sorry, but I couldn't pass this one. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
lkj;l

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

June 27th, 2012, 3:42 pm #10

cc