Barracuda Studios at the Kickoff Classic: A book signing opportunity!

Barracuda Studios at the Kickoff Classic: A book signing opportunity!

March 15th, 2012, 11:14 pm #1

For those of you planning to attend the Kickoff Classic on March 24th at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Barracuda Studios will be in attendance.

Stop by and meet the authors of the new book "Thunderbolts of the Hellhawks". If you pick up a copy at the show, all three authors will gladly sign your copy. Don has some really great stories he can tell about his epic journey of bringing this book to fruition.

We will also have the new Mustang [parts for sale, as well as the other resin and decals.

Hope to see you there.

Happy Modelling! Roy
Visit my blog at:
http://barracudacals.blogspot.com

March 16th, 2012, 2:38 am #2

Okay, maybe not so obvious. For those of us who have already ordered the book and, assuming it actually arrives before the Kickoff Classic, does the offer to have it autographed still stand if we were to bring it there? There is a slight chance I can make the event...if the planets are all in alignment that day.

And just as important, when will we see those Hell Hawks decals?!

Regards,

Mark

March 16th, 2012, 2:56 am #3

Mark,

I'll bring some special bookplates for all who purchased or will get a book at the show, so no worries. I spent two and a half years on this project and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the book. It was a labor of love, I have 22 new friends who just happened to be some amazing WWII P-47 drivers and I get to talk to them everyday. They have incredible stories and now you get to hear them before they disappear into history.

When you really get to know a 9th AAF P-47 pilot, you realize who really did the flying in WWII. Like one said, if Panzars counted as "kills", we'd all be aces and they were a lot harder to take out than what the Luftwaffe put up against us.

See you at the show and thank you for buying our book,
Don

March 16th, 2012, 3:39 am #4

Only a slight chance I can make the show but I will try. Regardless, I'm excited I should get the book soon. Roy had a copy at the show in Petaluma last month and I had a chance to thumb through it. I can't say enough about the book; it was obviously a labor of love and well worth the wait!

Regards,

Mark

March 16th, 2012, 6:45 am #5

Mark,

I'll bring some special bookplates for all who purchased or will get a book at the show, so no worries. I spent two and a half years on this project and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the book. It was a labor of love, I have 22 new friends who just happened to be some amazing WWII P-47 drivers and I get to talk to them everyday. They have incredible stories and now you get to hear them before they disappear into history.

When you really get to know a 9th AAF P-47 pilot, you realize who really did the flying in WWII. Like one said, if Panzars counted as "kills", we'd all be aces and they were a lot harder to take out than what the Luftwaffe put up against us.

See you at the show and thank you for buying our book,
Don
...I've already ordered my limited edition copy. Enjoyed the Hell Hawks book and this will indeed be a great companion.

See you all at the show this month.

Joe