Bad computer mojo

Bad computer mojo

July 12th, 2012, 8:57 pm #1

I just finished installing then immediately uninstalling a player for flv files. These are the YouTube videos.

The company is Applian Technologies, www.applian.com. I was taken in by the "free" flv player. when I sinstalled the player, there was a choice for "custom" or "express" installation, I chose "custom" and unchecked the boxes for installing "Funmoods" and making Funmoods.com my browser home page.

After I installed, not only was Funmoods installed, it had hijacked my home page.

There was also an offer for "Rival Gaming". I unchecked the "enable Rival Gaming" box, and then clicked "Decline".
It installed anyway.

I uninstalled the crapware and reset my home page.

I find this behavior to be unethical and unworthy of any ethical business.

So now I'm looking for an FLV player. It turns out that Real.com's Real Player is satisfactory. But I'll warn you against these guys.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

But I'm sure they're not.

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross
Not everything had changed, only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

July 12th, 2012, 11:46 pm #2

After reading what you had to say about it (them), I quickly uninstalled the program. Wonder if that means I won't be able to see YouTube videos now?

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -
Last edited by craigindaytona on July 13th, 2012, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2012, 12:27 am #3

Real Player works.

Also, all you need is a web browser, like Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome to see YouTube videos on line.

The software was to allow me to download and see videos while not connected to the internet.

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross
Not everything had changed, only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

July 13th, 2012, 4:20 am #4

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -